Random Jeep chatter

What a way to make a happy day miserable.

Im surprised the plastic bumper held up VERY well and didn’t even crack, id imagine the steel bumper would’ve only suffered a scuff at most. OTOH the chevy shows how flimsy all these modern car panels are.

1 Like

Damn, RIP! Same thing happened to me in my first Jeep. Totally feel your pain. always people in the crappy cars

1 Like

If you have park assist…

No Park Assist:

1 Like

Im still surprised of the difference in damage to both vehicles

1 Like

I’m thinking the tire had taken the majority of the impact. Have you checked to see if anything with the mount is broken, or if your tailgate is misaligned?

No I havent. Good thought. Ill check it out.

Our 4xe was rear ended and the tire absorbed the whole impact. The grand Cherokee didn’t fair so well. I removed the whole wheel mounting bracket and inspected the tailgate for any residual damage and couldn’t find any.

8 Likes

Bumpers are pretty strong on these guys. On the downside, no crumbling makes the impact kinda violent and I still got a messed up back.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s impressive. You no longer have this unit, correct?

Sort of related, I was parked at Costco, sitting in the driver seat, when someone pulls into the spot next to me and the kid throws the door open hitting my Jeep with a thunk. He knew he effed up and refused to look at my angry glare and went inside with mom. Upon inspection, their door was dinged right where it hit my side step, no sign it even hit the step.

6 Likes

Probably because they have actual bumpers, similar to what most vehicles had in the past. The majority of today’s vehicles have “bumper covers”, which simply beautify the impact bars. That plastic and thin sheet metal can be severely damaged with a bare hand. You’re also taking a car that sits on the road, and ramming it under a vehicle with a fair amount of ground clearance.

Was parked in Queens when a dude slammed his G82 IMOG door into my Gobi Rubi… it hit the door hinge and only had some paint transfer, it easily rubbed off… I like to say that it increased the value of the Jeep

2 Likes

Where do jeeps go when they get sold? Key West apparently. I was initially jealous, but now realize this is a jeep rental place.

6 Likes

Is there a way to get MMR data without being a dealer? Like a fee to pay or what’s that process look like? Register as a dealer in your state then buy the data from manheim?

Chappy gave my wife tier 1 with 720

1 Like

Generally Yes. Mostly anything above 700 falls under Tier 1. BUT score is just 1 variable there are others like your credit history, leasing history ,Age of credit etc…
Plus you can get Chapped or Kooned or Ous…

4 Likes

Is there any way to look up highest volume dealer by region or similar?

@bilalfaruqi I called the responding PD today and they said theres no police report. Just the drivers information exchange. So im going to replace the bumper and buff out the scratches/scuffs.

Then it should not show up on auto history

No police report or no police report yet. Usually it takes a few days to a few weeks for the officer to sit down and finish it all out and it being available for you.

1 Like

They said no police report. Minor damage. Just drivers information exchange.

1 Like