Random Jeep chatter

94 miles. Yikes!

Carshield :rofl:

I’m curious on what they hit with no damage to the bumper - only thing I can guess is they ran into the back of a pickup carrying a bunch of lumber or something

edit- reply should have went to @Swedish

yeah , most of the damages caused by rollover .
always think twice before take it off-road .

1 Like

did you see anything about breaker box or home wiring upgrades? i skimmed it (loosely I might add) and couldn’t come up with the specifications

I didnt see anything that would remove those from applying with the new amendments

you lost me. i’m looking for the specific language in the bill showing what the new deductions are for those services.

The new bill isnt really a new bill. It amends the existing language, in this case IRS 30(c). 30(c) expired dec 31 2021. This new bill amends that expiration date and adds language about bidirectional chargers, etc. The previous language allowed for infrastructure improvements like wiring/panels when performed for installing an evse. I havent seen any language in this new bill that amended out those infrastructure applications.

It’s going about as well as i expected. Dealer can’t look at the 4xe for two weeks as they are backed up. Jeep Wave said to go rent a car and they will pay up to 50/ day. I have to organize and pay up front. Rentals start at 70/ day near me. I’m actually shocked that I’m going to be out of pocket at least 20/ day for probably a month.

we’re not talking about the same thing. this is what I’m referencing:

" * The High-Efficiency Electric Home Rebate Program- This includes up to $4,000 for homeowners completing a whole-house project, based on the energy performance of the home – and the rebate amount doubles for low- and moderate-income households.

• The High-Efficiency Electric Home Rebate Program,- This will include up to $1,750 for a heat pump water heater, up to $8,000 for a heat pump for space heating or cooling, up to $840 for electric cooking equipment or a heat pump clothes dryer, as well as funding for upgrading electric load service, insulation and air sealing, and electric wiring."

Just making sure you’ve turned over all the rocks here, does the dealer have an affiliation with a car rental place, are you using a corp code, a premium credit card that sometimes lowers the price?

Ditto - definitely use a corporate code. At least AAA or something. You can usually go to national at most airports and pick up a car that fits your needs for the same price as a mid-size. Some corp codes are lower than $50 a day.

I don’t have any corporate connection. I live in rural pa, and was just quoted 97/ day by the local enterprise as their cheapest rate. Three closest Jeep dealers all said they had no loaners and were booked out for weeks. But I do get to make my next months jeep payment tomorrow. I’m pretty salty.

enterprise is also the most expensive rental company, with Sixt (in my exp.)… Try national or hertz, can try leveraging AAA or Amex Platinum codes for better rate. Check for promos online, avis has a deal for amazon prime customers, etc.

1 Like

DM me about renting my Tesla Model Y via Turo.

I’m willing to take $50/day for a 1 month or longer rental.

Plus you get to experience a real electric SUV…

2 Likes

Avis has corporate codes that can work w online bookings. Check Flyertalk

1 Like

I had quite the eventful day today. I flew down to Nashville to pickup my 4xe flip from Gupton. It was a great experience again. Super quick and friendly. Cant say enough good things about them. Payment was slightly less than I was expecting. I’ll have to see where I was off. I made a couple stops along the way home including Louisville. I was driving down a residential street and a fellow Jeeper flagged me down and gave me a new shadeidea set because he meant to order a purple one. Thanks. After filling up on gas and caffeine just south of Indianapolis im sitting at a light waiting to turn onto I65 and get rear ended. Couldnt believe it. Police report was made. So what to do now? How can I keep this off carfax? Is the market strong enough that this will minimally affect my offers? The damage is very little on my Jeep. Theres a small dent just below the taillight which is hard to see in the picture.

I was thinking push out the dent and maybe replace the bumper with metal ones.

7 Likes

Oh man!! I feel bad. Once there is a police report, it’s almost impossible not to show up on you car history. Auto check even shows the police report number.

Isn’t that just a bumper cover? The panel fix shouldn’t be bad either. But I wouldnt mind being stuck with a Sarge!

The other guy had dealer plates. Supposedly he owns a small used car dealership. Could that officer not file the report if both parties agree to it.