Ram TRX spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Realistically anyone leasing these would plan on flipping it or owning it for less than a year because the MF is so bad so does it really matter if they mark it up?

And it seems like they do not want to lease these anyways.

Is Koons number one in the NE?

Who does that title go to?

Did you end up taking it? I mean damn from .00261 or less to .00335 is a big mf hit

Yeah. It’s a mean truck and I’m not keeping it long. Besides the $2k deposit was a bit too much to lose.

Chapman is telling me I need to backdate insurance to the 11th even though I only got approval from them on the 14th and created the policy for the 17th, insurance says there’s no way for them to backdate, and chapman says that chrysler/new york are very strict the contract date and policy date should match. Anyone heard of this?

No, I’ve driven cars off the lot and gotten 500 miles away before realizing they never added a car to my policy.

2 Likes

On personal cars I’ve had some instances where they weren’t as strict and follow up aggressively but this is under the llc might make a diff but not sure

Koons is 10k off on finance or cash purchase only no lease.

1 Like

correct so they can hammer you on rate and make it effectively a sticker deal

2 Likes

And my understanding from their LONG repetitive email reply, is that applies to all cars ordered through them that they will take out a 1k chunk which makes zero sense on lower msrp cars, and after that they might still mark up the mf. On the flip side they’re giving you .5% for affiliate lol

Is this something new? I was planning to lease my 392 whiich is due any day now and at no point in discussing the price or on anything I signed did it mention leasing being more expensive.

If it’s with Koons than yes you can expect some fooling around.

2 Likes

They’ll let you lease it, but they will absolutely try to screw you over.

2 Likes

Great. We’ll see in a few days I guess. Luckily my tax rate is only 3%.

1 Like

I don’t see how if you agree to a price, they can then change it because you decide to lease. MF bump, fine, but the price is the price. What difference does it make how you finance it? Everyone else that has variable discounts based on type of financing (extra % off invoice for dealer financing, etc.) tells you this up front.

Honestly you’re better off buying, 3% tax is nothing for the convenience of title in hand

3 Likes

I know, I was already debating it anyway. I bought the TRX and it worked out well.

2 Likes

Not if a buyer comes with their own financing.

sure then they’ll bump you on price.

Then take the dealer financing then immediately refi with a lender of your choice.

1 Like