Ram TRX spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Eh, sure, why not. Here are numbers from out my butt.

Section 179 wouldn’t make a lot of sense if you’re going to sell it quickly though.

It only makes good sense if you’re going to hold it for a few years, at least according to my CPA.

You definitely built that to keep haha

I am a sucker for the ram bar as well but didn’t see it coming back in the resale market. Same w the graphics.

I added the running boards, though. Otherwise I’d need a running start just to launch myself into the thing.

I actually used to work with a guy who was against investing in general because you had to pay taxes on the gains.

2 Likes

Huh. Mine still waiting on parts. Maybe I shouldn’t have added the safety nannies.

11/20 order: White/Black 2-tone, Level 1 group, park assist, blind spot, surround view. $80455 MSRP

I ordered basic truck, in black paint on 11/23 and still in D.

Sounds like he’s against working in general since you need to pay taxes on the income

2 Likes

Didn’t really make much sense. He also said once that he wished he could invest in US dollars…

1 Like

Logical…(10 char)

Yes it would be a hold not a flip if I did the section 179 purchase. You want to do those at the end of the year for ease with the business usage % requirement. Much easier to control over a small time period and 2 or 3 quarters of a year.

That math sounds much better on a buy and depreciate with 179 than some ballpark lease payments from what I have seen on the Rubi 392 thread which had the TRX ballpark lease payments. These MOPAR threads are all braided together. LOL

The standard MF and not as great residual(than the wranglers high residual kill the leasability)

Is it me or does the RamBar remind anyone else of the 70’s Subaru Brat add on bar? BratBar???

Single digits when driving if you’re doing it correctly

With the rear facing brat seats.

1 Like

Yep that’s the flashback I get when I see the RamBar. 70’s Brat!!! Lol.

Ordered Nov 8th and just asked ram chat for the first time. It’s in awaiting additional equipment already. Base with tonneau cover as only option.

1 Like

Like built and in JB status?

1 Like

You would know more than me. Those were the exact words so it looks like it was built.

2 Likes

I hope that’s the case. That typically means built and shipped to body vendor for accessories and then off to KZ (transit).

Wow good for you that’s awesome!

1 Like

I got a build ready. Who’s the lucky dealer? 13% or more available?

Checked PenFed doesn’t work on the TRX.

1 Like

Depends on your build. $10k off at one dealer but $1k deposit, so could be 13% with a low build. 11% off at Chapman with no deposit. Those are the two I know about.

From what i found, koons in VA 10k off msrp 899 doc fee and Granger in IA 9k off msrp 180 doc fees. I ordered from Koons.

1 Like