Ram TRX spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Some states don’t require you to surrender the plates

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t you do plate transfers? It is cheaper and would definitely add up with volume. It likely varies by state, but that is what I do when possible.

I asked and Farrish wasn’t familiar with it so I paid the extra few hundred for a new plate. Chapman always did new plates for me as well. Some of this collection is from California so I have two plates each and I don’t think transferring a plate saved you anything because that state loves taking your money.

This :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

Most dealer don’t (or feign ignorance) know how to deal with a customer that states they have a plate transfer or surrendered plate credits (Florida.)

I didn’t even know about surrender credits until I got into the “Great Flip of 21-22.”

Slows down registration in my state if you try to transfer existing vs just getting new ones.

What a dealer told me was if the plates were from a lease then it costs the same to transfer a tag from a lease to a purchase as it does to just get a new tag. Purchase to purchase you save money. Not sure the truth to it but that’s what I was told.

Are you sure that wasn’t referring to registration AND sales tax? How a vehicle is purchased or leased has no bearing on the plates.

New car? New plates are obligatory. Nothing worse than scuffed, dented, dusty old plates on a brand spanking new vehicle.

Don’t be that guy looking to save $20 and cause more paperwork .

Out of state is often a different story - in that case, I would agree. Within state it’s a piece of cake (mine anyway). It’s the same amount of paperwork if not less. I also have a set of vanity plates, so depending on the vehicle the situation will vary.

Hell, I have new plates in the garage that never made it to their intended vehicles let alone have the opportunity to get dented or scuffed. :rofl:

A nice little final “fuck you” from Farrish for me

Progressive sent me this today:

Important information about your policy
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) asked us to verify Personal Injury Protection and Property Damage liability coverage for the vehicle below.
Year Make Model Vehicle Identification Number
2022 Ram 1C6
We usually receive these requests when a driver has provided No-Fault insurance information indicating coverage by us, but could not be verified through the “Florida No-Fault Insurance Electronic File.”
Because the information on your policy doesn’t match what the FLHSMV has on record or the vehicle was not covered on the requested date, we’re unable to confirm coverage on 9/28/2022. Since coverage is not being confirmed with the state, the FLHSMV will issue a suspension notice to the registered owner.
Your policy had the following information listed on the requested date. If no information is provided, the vehicle was not listed on your policy.
Year Make Model Vehicle Identification
Number

Looks like they told Florida I bought this thing on 9/28/2022 but all the contract paperwork says 9/29/2022 (because that’s the day I flew up there, signed the contract, and picked it up and the day I started my policy with Progressive. I’ll just send FLHSMV a copy of the contract if they send me anything about this I guess.

They are all clowns. Most incompetent dealership I ever TRIED to do business with by a country mile.

2 Likes

Friends TRX only took 90+ days to go from C to D1 lol

2 Likes

They were having figment issues on the 23s since they switched to a full digital odometer

1 Like

What! I was unaware of that switch. I actually liked the originally gauge cluster fwiw.

Probably one of my biggest regrets of all of this, was selling the trx. What a truck. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Was it Granite? granite had issues lol

Could be a level 2 as well. They’ve been notoriously bad for lengthy lead times.

Base granite yeah

1 Like

I miss it too but I’m saving so much on gas now :joy:

It is the same odometer out of the grand wagoneer now

My base granite just went into D1 with eta of 1/12/23