Ram TRX spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

I agree, which is why I had asked. I have a good feeling the dealer is pulling some funny business vs what Stellantis would do. I guarantee they’re looking to get some inventory - why would they not? There is a margin difference of thousands of dollars and many of these customers are a one time deal for them. Some of these situations aren’t adding up.

It is no different than the “you need a co-signer” bill crap that Chapman has been pulling with some customers.

pretty sure Tom visits us here daily :laughing:

1 Like

Between the traffic of LH customers that have purchased through Chapman, and Tom’s activity on the various forums…there is no question whether flipping is a secret or not. These deep discount dealers know damn well that flippers exist…and they know why they’re offering the discounts that they are. It isn’t simply out of the goodness of their hearts…there is an end goal in mind.

well they did cut back from 5 to 3%

From the hefty Stellantis chargebacks and they can’t handle the amount of sales they’ve had the past 6 months. A blind man could see that.

Jeep chat said the vin removed customers name. Have no idea. I mean address is same. Name is different but I believe they just took it into inventory and marked it up few thousand over msrp. Why sell to me for -5% invoice.

The shady thing is they were willing to sell my father the jeep for over MSRP. So it’s not like Stellantis blacklisted him, they just wanted to get out of honoring the POC.

Yea im thinking thats what happened. They offered for reorder for the same discount. Why would I do that? That just helps them get extra inventory. Something smells fishy.

MMR is skewed as it includes ignitions. Add in a nonorange color into adjustments and you get a big hit. But I agree if the economy holds out, I plan on hodl my TRX as long as I can into August.

well, Did you mean drive a TRX for mid $550’s per month for 2 year? is that real? I’d jump on it for real.

If you end up selling for what you owe yes, if not you will pay the difference on top that.

That calculator doesn’t factor in tax rate or title&plates, doc fee and everything else but you might get close to 690ish I’m gonna guess

690ish for 2 years still a great deal, consider it’s a TRX

It could be less cost if the actual residual holds better than what is being use by the banks.
10 year old V8 raptors with 80-100K Miles are selling for 30-35K. My 3 year residual is 48K. I would be pretty confident that this TRX will still be worth close to 50K after 5-6 years.

you think it’s safe to drive 3 years and still have equity on this TRX

Yeah obvs I think it’s safe to say even if you drive for 12 months get fed up of gas station trips. You’ll still come out with positive equity - unless in the next 24 mo gas decides to be $12 gal

But I could be wrong. People who are buying them at markups really don’t care how much gas is. Appetite for luxury cars is through the roof

Short term, much lower risk. As you hold longer and longer, it gets a bit less clear. 12 months, probably some equity. 2-3 years, I’m not sure. The long term is very hard to judge based on so many factors.

It’s all a calculated risk. We could all be upside down in 12 months.

1 Like

In short yes. Obviously not as much equity as the day you pick it up and got 8-9K off sticker and not paying the up front sales tax.

If we were all paying MSRP and paying the up front sales tax of 6%+ then none of us would have equity on day 1 of ownership.
I would be more hesitant to keep a BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc… at MSRP for 3 years than a TRX with 9K off for 3 years. Gives you more cushion when it comes to resale in the future.

Has anyone drop a car at a Manheim location,how is the process do I need to provide any paperwork.

Where can I view info like this? Is it only available to industry folks?