Quote on BMW X3. good deal?

Don’t ever let a dealership tell you that a car comes with some kind of protection crap that they can’t remove.

In some cases a dealer may not do a deal unless an add is included. They may get bonuses based on marked penetration. But obviously it takes a lot of selling price discount to make up for a $2500 non residualized add :poop:

Depending on the car this could be all dealer discount to as little as 3% addtl discount. I’ll let them have their add if they take it off the top as well as the discount I’ve requested. These things are usually of little value to someone leasing (tire, wheel and lease wear however may be worth it if you’re careless about how you treat your cars)

1 Like

Yeah I’m aware it’s fluff that’s why I said I negotiated with it in mind. Even after the 2500 added on its still a discount of 15,500 after rebates which were 4k which is over 20% off. I was happy with it.

3 Likes

For sure, I just find it so annoying when they claim things like that.

At my end of lease pre-inspection… was dinged for both fog lamps ($240), windshield ($600), both front tires ($600), a scratch in rear bumper ($400). All mostly due to snow driving conditions in Tahoe.
Purchased lease excess wear and tear for $1900 up to $5k coverage (uninformed first time lease :weary:).

They were charging:
Appearance protection package $1700
Wheel and tire protection $1700
Maintenance upgrade $2300
LoJack recovery $1800
Dent protect $1700

I know it’ll prolly cost less than half to get those fixed from what they dinged me.
From reading on here, most decline all these coverage offered during signing.
My question is… what would be an appropriate amount if someone would consider getting these coverage. Also read that these prices are negotiable as well

How big was the scratch I’m worried about mine :expressionless:

Couple inches. He called it a “large scratch” :roll_eyes:. Prolly could be buffed out. Had the coverage so didn’t care much in the end

That’s $9,200 worth of non residualized adds. Good god…

If you are to negotiate lease excess wear and tear… maybe half of what they’re asking?

After reading your previous comment, I don’t think your assessments are similar to an average person. That doesn’t sound like “very good condition” to me.

1 Like

Feels bad man

1 Like

So I’m likely looking at the same 400 … ugh if I’m correct it’s capped anyway

Possibly. Afterwards, they emailed me a list and they just went over everything and marked whatever they found. The person who inspected my car was this 18/19 yo kid :roll_eyes:. He even dinged me for the second key which I have but it’s only the pre-inspection. But I have coverage so idgaf.
You can prolly have it fixed beforehand for cheaper if u didn’t make the same mistake I did in buying an overpriced coverage.

You should be calling for a free inspection prior to disposition. Usually done by Autovin. They will email you a copy of the report that shows all damage and wear and tear on the car, and it will specify which items will be waived.

I’m having an inspection done tomorrow actually lol…I did get estimates on the scratch so it might be cheaper to see what they say on the inspection and try to get it waived with BMW

I am not sure on specific BMW policy, but typically if its smaller than a credit card, they waive it. Of course it depends on the overall condition of the vehicle.

Smaller than a credit card I wouldn’t be too concerned it looks like someone keyed the door it’s thin but long…Other than that car is in excellent condition with low mileage

Providing update on OL code. Getting the car tomorrow. Posted the same thing in OL code thread,

I tried to use the one from Denver event and I am in NJ. My dealer told me it is invalid. And then an someone else got involved and started asking me questions if I had been to the event or not, did I get the code from the internet etc etc. I told him to forget about code. :frowning: Anyway I tried.

I may end up getting some goodies in exchange, anything worth getting other than all weather mats?

Get ultimate care+ thrown in for no added cost? :slight_smile: