Quote on BMW X3. good deal?

Thanks.

There is one that I have my eyes on that has the executive package/driving assist but dealer is not willing to budge as of now. I think I can put it off for a few more days to get a better deal.

When would be a good time to talk to the dealers at the end of the month, last week/last day?

Yeah, last week tends to be the best. They are most motivated to move the cars at that point. Executive is super rare for a loaner. Is that a new one youā€™re looking at? There wasnā€™t one within 200 miles of NJ when I was looking.

it is not listed on their website but when I talked to them they said it is with exec package. they are not even willing to send me window sticker or lease structure page. lol. I was looking at that but with $1000 DAS and everything else rolled in, the payment will be quite high if I do not put anything down. In NJ, what do you guys mostly do? pay taxes/fees upfront or roll it in? I do mind paying more upfront but since everyone says it is a bad idea I am kinda sticking to $1K DAS.

I put up $1500 for mine. The problem with putting too much up front is if something happens to the car, you lose that money. Better to do MSDs and roll everything else into the monthly payments.

If they havenā€™t even posted it to the public, not a high chance they are willing to deal on it, especially since they know it is a rare package. Thereā€™s some great broker deals on here. I know they donā€™t tend to have premium/exec packages but perhaps use them as leverage in your negotiation if those packages are musts for you.

That car does not have execā€¦it is with premium.

Got quotes from some brokers here, for my $1K DAS, the numbers are pretty close to what the local dealers are giving me.

I guess I will wait till last week of the month.

Donā€™t wait until the last week if youā€™re expecting them to go from 12% to 18% off. They may shave off that last few hundred but it isnā€™t going to be overly dramatic on an in-demand vehicle like the X3. If they arenā€™t willing to budge now, they likely donā€™t have to and will sell it before month end. Most dealers came nowhere close to my deal. It took talking to a lot of them before I realized which ones were open to dealing and which ones werenā€™t. Shop around more, you will get better offers.

Iā€™ll also note that the X3 loaner inventory in NJ is far smaller than the beginning of last month. Princeton alone had 35 X3 loaners under 5k miles on June 1, by June 30 they had 1. That was the biggest drop but several dealers dropped to 0 and I could find almost no premiums out there even when inventory was high.

Keep hunting. A broker may be your best bet though if you want to get a good deal and save yourself the headache.

Thank You. I think I may just bite the bullet on one of the X3ā€™s from a dealer in PA. I will keep updating how it goes. I will also reach out to brokers here.

Iā€™m planning to buy a 2019 BMW X3 (msrp 51245). Could anyone of you please suggest what should be the monthly payment that I should negotiate for 3K MSD if dealer agrres on 4100 credits in rebates. There are only two BMW dealerships here in Salt Lake City UT area making it tough to negotiate.

You should ask in your own thread.

1 Like

@crosstalk when/if you create a new thread on this, hereā€™s the info you need to provide to us so we can be helpful in breaking down the numbers youā€™ve received from the dealer(s). Nice to see another Utah member. Both Utah dealers are owned by the same family, so theyā€™re not going to compete with each other. @wilso566 is with BMW of Idaho Falls, maybe he could offer more competitive pricing. Other than that, it may just be better to get a 1 way ticket to SoCal where dealers have to be very aggressive.

**MSRP:
**Selling Price:
**Monthly Payment:
**Cash Due at Signing:
**MSD:
**Incentives:

**Months:
**Annual Mileage:
**MF: (Make sure dealer isnā€™t marking up by searching Edmunds forum for MF)
**Residual:

**Region: UT
**Leasehackr Score:

Thanks for the shoutout!

Providing update.

I checked with a couple brokers here on LH. All of them came to around the same price with $1000 DAS. The one that I signed has premium package with same payment.

Not a lot of cars with more packages available as loaners and on top of that dealers just not willing to budge. And sort of need a car now. Thanks for everyoneā€™s help. Really learned a lot.

$528/month with $1000 DAS. OL code is yet to be applied, so that may push it down further

MSRP - $51900
Selling price - 45049
2750 rebate applied
loaner with 1000 miles
12K/36 months
57% resi
MF - 0.00145

Thatā€™s not a bad deal at all

So more than a 1% deal on a loaner? I think people on LH are blinded by BMW sometimes.

OL code should bring him under $500 and 10k miles instead of 12 would help him out as well.

1 Like

What do you mean blinded by BMW?

Everyone gets excited about leasing a used BMW. I donā€™t really get it unless the discount is unicorn level.

I mean itā€™s a oppertunity for a major discount on a luxuary brandā€¦but I think thereā€™s trends on here.

13% discount :man_shrugging:t2:

Yeah this particular discount isnā€™t very good. Iā€™ve been offered close to that on a new one. But in general BMWs lease more aggressively than other brands which is why theyā€™re talked about so much here.

If he needs to get into something now and heā€™s satisfied with the deal, thereā€™s certainly been much worse lease deals signed.