Question regarding a terrible lease situation

I would think that if the terms said they still had to honor the warranty, he just couldn’t make a lemon claim, and they refused to honor the warranty, they’d be the one going against the settlement and there’d be grounds to say the “no lemon claims” part was no longer valid, no?

Granted, IANAL.

That’s what I was thinking as well. OP states his lawyer is who told him about the warranty though. If it’s not in the settlement he is SOL.

If it’s strictly about warranty then I’d think yes, but my understanding is that the car is being repaired under warranty, though with no success.

Ah, perhaps. I thought I had read it as they were refusing to perform the warranty services.

Which is just one of the problems with this thread

Did the settlement include a promise to fix the car in addition to the compensation or was it just “take the money and GTFO”?

Let the conjecture continue :man_shrugging:t4:

Yea we figured the lawyer kind of took the payment and told us to take a hike. He gave us two options take the settlement for your inconveniences. Or due to NYS’s terrible lemon law process I can wait and try and fight it that way. But I was warned that by the time I get anywhere the lease would probably be close to over or over. So we decided on the only other option that made sense at the time. However when talking to the attorney he stated the car still has to be warrantied that doesn’t change. However now trying to get anything fixed is becoming a hassle. I have to take it to a certain dealer because others don’t want to deal with it.

The dealer I take it to now. Has "tried’ numerous things to fix it. Including what we have been told is drilling into the b-pillar and riveting it also stating there are recalls for my car to put a support brace in the pillars. However when I check there are no active recalls via my vin #. And the issues should be fixed. Except the car always comes back worse ( Roof noise louder, broken and falling off trim pieces, dents, antenna got replaced and fell off etc…) . They say they don’t know what else they can do. It cant be fixed and I have to deal with it. Or they give the excuse “cannot duplicate the issue”.

At this point I was thinking about contacting the attorney general or maybe just going to try and trade this car in for another brand. That will cost me $$ but at this point it might be worth it.

You haven’t told us if you got an offer from carvana/vroom and how that compares to what you owe GM minus your settlement. Any speculation is pointless until you give full information.

Doubt carvana/vroom would offer anything significant considering all the issues he has mentioned. He would have to disclosure this type of information to the 3rd party buyer…

Again, speculation is pointless. It is very very easy for the OP to find out and fill us in.

And, also again, we don’t know the monetary value of the settlement. It could very well cover the negative and more.

I would check with a different lawyer about your situation. You should also look to see who you settled with. As this issue is technically different than what you settled for, you may still have a claim for the lemon law and go after GM to get rid of this POS.

1 Like

The beauty of this is that they get paid by GM for all this, so why not?

We don’t know all the facts of your case and we don’t know how it was argued. You shouldn’t share any privileged information on an online forum either. It might be worth another $500 to ask a true lemon law lawyer if something can be done here. Internet lawyers are not the way to go and you shouldn’t take any advice from them. Find a good lawyer (some may even do a free consultation to see if it’s worth their time) and go from there.

They won’t even charge to review the case

It really depends as I noted near the end of my comment but it’s just to say that if you have to pay that much, it’s worth it to get the case reviewed and possibly get out of that car.