Question on possible fraud on a lease

Don’t all dealers have access to the Acura VIN window sticker they can pull up digitally?

Looks like it was included in the sales price. My VW dealer did the same thing on my lease signed today.

FYI Jflores is correct, if you know residual is 60% you can just divide the amount listed on the contract $24,903.25 / 0.60 = $41,505.42 MSRP.

1 Like

Actually, it is on some. It’s on my Volvo lease (I was looking at it yesterday when I pulled out the wheel and tire contract).

https://www.truecar.com/new-cars-for-sale/listing/5J8TC2H37LL028199/2020-acura-rdx/

2 Likes

No car has an MSRP with a fraction of a dollar. I believe due to the 7500 miles, it’s probably 61% which pegs the MSRP at $40,825 like someone else said.

1 Like

Confirmed above - $40,795 MSRP!

Dealer most definitely lied to you. If this car was so new, they wouldn’t have had time to take all the pics and list it online. @DJK Did you get the 43k MSRP anywhere in writing?

Someone check my math, but the rent charge amount on the contract is not correct for .00225

How did the dealer tell the truth?

It could have been a dealer transfer/trade. We don’t know what dealer it came from.

@DJK

In addition to the lease contract, did you also sign a purchase and sale? If so, would you mind posting it?

Thanks buddy

Sorry spoke to soon!

2 Likes

It was, but he took it away after i agreed on 420 with tax. Explains a lot.

Can you confirm what dealership you got this from? Also did you get 43k in writing anywhere?

I think it was. The VIN came up at at least two different dealers.

From personal experience , I did return Audi A4 lease next day with no penalty in 2014. My mistake wrong trim wife was furious. We have 3 business days to break deal. Hope this helps.

And this would nicely explain the key and Monroney label issues.

They wouldn’t transfer the car with two keys?

Ah, you’re right. I screwed up adding the cap and residual. Divided by $50k, not $60k