Question on possible fraud on a lease

Hello Everyone,

I just got back after signing a new lease on a 2020 RDX SH-AWD base.

I don’t have all the numbers, but I remember the sales manager telling me that the MSRP was $43,085, and I signed at 390+tax/month and 1000 DAS (600 fee + 1st month).

I was pretty happy about the deal until I came home and noticed that the MSRP of $43K is at least a tech package. Base trim is no where near it and is mostly 40K.

The sticker price wasn’t even available because they had just got the car (so they said).

My question is, can I void the lease agreement if it turns out that they intentionally lied to me about the MSRP?

Thanks for all your input!

I would use a honda VIN decoder to verify the model & trim of the car to see if its the same they advertised it as.

MSRP is in your lease paperwork. If it is incorrect there, then contract won’t even be funded. If it is correct, shame on you for not reading.

8 Likes

Sticker price not available? It is literally on the car. It may still be a base model with some add-ons up to $43k. Regardless, what was the sale price?

1 Like

MSRP on an AWD rdx with tech starts at $44025

I would never sign a lease without knowing something as basic as the MSRP. You signed the paperwork, and as long as it is correct for that VIN, you signed it and took delivery/drove it off the lot, so it’s yours. I’m not sure if IL has a cooling off period, but that would be your only recourse.

Also, if you do end up getting more car than you bargained for, it’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Finally, every car comes with a window sticker, so I call BS on it “not being available.”

1 Like

Here is the first page of the lease agreement. I don’t see the MSRP anywhere.

https://www.windowstickerbyvin.com/acura/

See your window sticker

1 Like

Your contract HAS to have the vin type it in the link and you’ll find out everything u need to know

If the MSRP was $43025, it can’t be an AWD with tech package

Sales price was $34,500. If MSRP was 43,025 that would mean a 20% dealer discount. I’m guessing that’s unlikely?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: time!

7 Likes

Some of the Acura models have huge incentives

That may be true but its only showing $1k incentives

Yes, most of the Acura incentives are direct to dealer, so they don’t show up on the contract but in the discount

Real question is why does the make and model say n/a

Because that section is for the trade in it looks like

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like they picked up the car, otherwise, they could’ve checked the sticker by now. Can you post your sticker?

The sales manager also said that they “worked” the numbers to meet my $390 request because it’s so aggressive.

I know that the lease incentive was $2850 and loyalty of $1000.

I could just move on knowing that $390 is still an okay number, but the fact that I’ve been lied to and I was so dumb to not even verify the most basic number (MSRP) is just very frustrating and I just want to void this contract if at all possible.

This is still not yet determined. You need to figure out what options/extras were in the car