Question for dealers and brokers

I’m telling everyone I know to go hit up Carvana, vroom, shift etc lol Then comes the hard part - what replacement car to buy? Lol

I got a purchase quote from carvana a couple days ago and they were including a ~25% “market reduction” still.

Vroom offered half of what carvana did. For my slk55 with a kbb trade in value of 12k, carvana offered $7500 and vroom offered $4k

1 Like

Opposite story for econo cars. Carvanna offered 6k in March to a KBB of 6k, and now are offering 9.8k with a KBB of 7xxx on a '15 Altima with 44.5k miles.

Highest in Feb. was 10.8 with 44.2k miles.

No bubba

That was a May deal

We had 6+ and sold em all outside of Leasehackr

No one here jumped on them

My loss, should have been searching months ago

Some highlights from today’s auctions.

8k over MMR for a 2017 C300 :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

How many miles does it have? It was one of my favorite cars.

Bruh…

What is that ford dealer smoking. I want some to get me through quarantine.

1 Like

3 Likes

The bidders weren’t paying attention and assumed the truck was a diesel (and that still 3k over retail for a diesel). Somebody is losing their job :grimacing:

4 Likes

That’s A GAS!!! Someone’s gone.

Exporter vehicle. thats why this one is so high

1 Like

For those of us not in the industry, do you mean that the winning bidder is company that is known for exporting luxury cars to other countries and that the winning bid would still be considered “cheap” in other countries?

2 Likes

There are used vehicles out there that people from other countries will want. Im just saying the vehicle is highly sought out vehicle and mostly likely will be exported out of the country.

1 Like

Yes on what Exporter means. There are new car exporters too which the high-line brands watch out for: if (for instance) Porsche of Saskatoon gets caught with one of their new white Cayennes on a slow boat to Shanghai, it violates their dealer agreement and they can be shut down. I know someone who did it for a few months, quite an adrenaline rush and the money is good until you can’t buy any more cars.

On used ones, fair game (Dealerships and Manufacturers are out of it), though not as much margin as new. Target customers are shopping the car over the deal every time, and they want new/rare.

2 Likes

Interesting… i have had to sign non-export agreements (1-yr) for the last couple of cars and though the dealers always gave vague reasons, this is more good info :slight_smile: yes, the enforcement of these agreements are always questionable anyway and probably more of a deterrent… :thinking:

1 Like

BUT LOOK, its got a HEMI :laughing:.

I definitely didn’t partner with exporters at my last store :shushing_face:

Those little red chinese envelopes with cash still make me smile.

RIP Exporting 2014-2019 :cn: :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Yeah I wish they were clearer. In one example of an attempted export, I know cash was being paid for a six figure vehicle and the GM wouldn’t release the title for 90 days (or held a second on it, some shim sham) which had the intended affect of blowing up the deaersl. As much as deals want you to pay MSRP, they also want a job to come to next month, as opposer to a “for lease” sign on the building.

1 Like

The narrative though: poor rich Chinese business people trying to bring Capitalism and buy a (expensive Ford truck, RR Autobiography, Cayenne, Panamera, G wagon, usually in white or grey) but THE REDS won’t let them buy them and they need 4WD to overthrow Communism by driving to their Triangle Shirtwaist Factory everyday.

No shame if you got paid to play but some salespeople got sold…

3 Likes