Question for dealers and brokers

Interesting… i have had to sign non-export agreements (1-yr) for the last couple of cars and though the dealers always gave vague reasons, this is more good info :slight_smile: yes, the enforcement of these agreements are always questionable anyway and probably more of a deterrent… :thinking:

1 Like

BUT LOOK, its got a HEMI :laughing:.

I definitely didn’t partner with exporters at my last store :shushing_face:

Those little red chinese envelopes with cash still make me smile.

RIP Exporting 2014-2019 :cn: :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Yeah I wish they were clearer. In one example of an attempted export, I know cash was being paid for a six figure vehicle and the GM wouldn’t release the title for 90 days (or held a second on it, some shim sham) which had the intended affect of blowing up the deaersl. As much as deals want you to pay MSRP, they also want a job to come to next month, as opposer to a “for lease” sign on the building.

1 Like

The narrative though: poor rich Chinese business people trying to bring Capitalism and buy a (expensive Ford truck, RR Autobiography, Cayenne, Panamera, G wagon, usually in white or grey) but THE REDS won’t let them buy them and they need 4WD to overthrow Communism by driving to their Triangle Shirtwaist Factory everyday.

No shame if you got paid to play but some salespeople got sold…

3 Likes

First week was slow which I think is related to the protests in the LA area. Things are picking up now but it will be a while before getting back to ‘normal’.

Honda rep was here earlier this week and said the vehicle shortage is coming for Hondas over the next few months.

1 Like

In my neck of the woods, some Honda stores are charging over MSRP on practically all Honda models due to inventory shortages. It’s starting to get scary lol

1 Like

Customers getting hacked left and right.

4 Likes

Why wouldn’t that be reflected in its MMR?

2 Likes

Not all vehicles are “desired abroad”

2 Likes

Certain packages and color combos are much more desirable. MMR doesn’t know it has P2 package and red interior, it just sees a C300.

For new Rovers it is a base HSE white or black, black interior, only option they want is HUD. Nothing else.

3 Likes

customer hackr - my favorite game

2 Likes

I know when first gen Lexus LS came out, some norcal dealership was ‘exporting’ serious units to China. That’s long time ago, don’t know that it’s still going on.

1 Like

In 1991?

It’s right around there, definitely early nineties. My friend had a well heeled backer from Hong Kong asking about importing loaded LS. The dealer had the routine down including the port and not charging sales tax when taking delivery. It fell through because the dealer wouldn’t take LC but cash.

Around the same time many luxury cars were stolen in Hong Kong and transported via speed boats to mainland, footage of crude boats with 6 outboards out running the Hong Kong coast guard were common place. Somehow those cars were able to register in China even though they were right hand drive lol.

It’s Porsche of Saskatchewan even though it is indeed in Saskatoon. I am impressed with your knowledge in Canadian geography :rofl:

1 Like

Motor cars of Atlanta specifically Lamborghini got caught with South American expo iirc.

I grew up in NY so we memorized all the provinces and territories in 3rd grade. And I have worked with a lot of Canadians. :canada:

I purposefully tried to contrive a fake dealership but was closer to the pin than expected.

Are there any good deals for leasing a diesel truck? I need one soon. I’m in Georgia and am having a hard time finding good deals for leases on a diesel truck. I need one for my business. Thanks!