Question about damage on a lease transfer

Found a potential lease transfer on a 530xi with 16k miles, June 2024 turn in date and 30k total miles allowed.
Seems like a great deal and the guy locked in a great monthly payment. He’s offering $1000 incentive because of the damage but I’m concerned this won’t be enough.

Can anyone help quantify what the total charges would be on the curb rash and bumber damage in the following photos? Also found it weird that the door badge was bent and messed up.

Thanks very much in advance!

bump any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

My experience was they’re pretty lenient, puncture on the bumper cover probably not going to fly though.

5 Likes

Agree the bumper and some of the scratches won’t fly. Some brands are lenient to some degree if you are moving to another vehicle of theirs but definitely check their guidelines.

https://www.bmwusa.com/return-vehicle.html#inspection-guidelines

2 Likes

They are lenient but like others have mentioned this has to be a hard pass. They are charging for that puncture Mark. That’s not normal.

2 Likes

The curb rash is ok?

Any idea how much that puncture will cost? Is that an entire bumper replacement?

Only a $1000? That looks much worse than $1000.
I suspect the bumpers are barely holding on.

You will pay the excess at the grounding.

1 Like

Hell no, this car looks beat to shit - don’t do it.

4 Likes

Low miles on the odo or low miles left on the lease?

What’s the payment? That’s crucial to figuring out whether this is worth the headache or not.

1 Like

16,300 miles on the odo with 30k allowed.
June 2024 turn in.
$645 pre tax
$1000 incentive

Horrible payment for the condition this car is in, please don’t do it

3 Likes

$400 bucks max to fix all of this in Willets Point.

3 Likes

I agree - it’s not worth it. This is a pretty beat up car and you’ll likely find other issues down the road.

2 Likes

How does someone average 600 miles per month and end up with a car in that condition?
Definitely would be a hard pass for me.

2 Likes

Can’t you take it to a body shop to get an exact cost? If not local, see if the transferor can take it to a dealer authorized or reputable large chain shop.

The scratches on the front bumper are not horrible and can be touched up when the rear is being fixed. Putting a front plate back on will cover some :wink: Even full bumper cover recon is not crazy expensive. Not sure what else is there if anything. I’d take a close look at brakes and tires as it seems that this car has seen some hard miles.

Ask the transferor to cover the transfer fee for the inconvenience if the costs add up to a bit over a thousand, go higher if needed. If you really like everything else about the car and the deal, don’t let a bad bumper cover stop you.

1 Like

Thanks for this.

The transferor said he was willing to negotiate. Going to see if we can figure out an exact number for the damage.

Yea, press on. That’s the takeaway here for sure.

1 Like

How does on even do this?:

It looks like someone tried to pry off the BMW plate.

This thing looks like a stolen recovery. I’m not saying it is, but that’s what it looks like. I would pass just on the condition alone.

OP, have you run a CarFax on this thing?

6 Likes

Looks like someone went nuclear trying to remove protective film (which might still be in place, lol)

1 Like

Honestly the more I think about it, OP really should run a CarFax.

1 Like