Question about damage on a lease transfer

I’d do carfax and autocheck… if I really wanted that beat up piece. Something doesn’t feel right for a car to be that beat up

2 Likes

Hard pass in my opinion. Would avoid.

BMW is pretty lenient on turn in charges . They just waived charges for all four tires for me. Besides Carfax, check tires and brakes and also for foul smells. Theft recovery makes me think of the car smells weed inside for some odd reason.

Never a bad idea!

OP is not gonna get your sarcasm

Why are you so intent to go through this much trouble for a mediocre deal on a common car? There must be better options.

This seems like a Big city special; parked on the street like a sardine, played bumper cars and lost a few, and the door jamb is anyones guess.

Honestly if you like living on the edge, this cliff is one too far gone. If you want to still “negotiate” anything, I’d get a PPI at a BMW dealer and and their trusted Body shop and ask for an estimate of how much. At least you’ll understand why we are saying no on this deal.

1 Like

What happens after 11 months? Are you leaving the country? Or leasing another BMW?

If you have the finances to spend close to half a million dollars over your lifetime leasing one luxury car after another then the “savings” here are a meaningless drop in the bucket.

Or if you don’t, then you may want to revisit your entire strategy going forward.

That might be a million dollar question if the OP specifically wants a short term lease (on a BMW or otherwise). That was my first impression and really the main reason to try so hard to make lemonade out of this one. Or they expect market to improve significantly by next June.

And speaking of millions, how on earth have you come up with close to half a million? This is a ~$8K a year lease. Ignoring inflation, present and future values, etc, most folks wouldn’t crack a lowly quarter mil considering that most don’t lease before their mid 30s (can’t afford it) or past mid 60s in retirement. Of course, there are always exceptions. But the point is to save on each and every deal along the way, right?

1 Like

Perhaps with two cars.

Glad to see we’re getting a spicy discussion out of this one.

A few months ago my 2021 330 was in a minor collision that just seemed like a bent hood and a broken headlight. Insurance totaled it because of frame damage. I mainly want a short term lease because current prices are more ridiculous then they were a year and a half ago when I got the 3 series. I see things loosening up a bit in the next 6-9 months as manufactures will need to push more incentives to get consumers struggling in a high interest rate environment a reason to lease a car. I really dislike SUVs and my last 330 just didn’t do it for me. I kinda miss my '19 430xi that I had a 93 octane boomod3 map on.

I haven’t seen any dealers or brokers under $700 without anything down. Some 3s have shown up here and there but certainly not a 5. I suppose I’m probably trying to make lemonade out of this one but I’ve been on the hunt for about a month and I’m not trying to lock into anything for 3 years at current pricing.

I’ll run a carfax and see what comes up.

Thanks to all for all the input so far.

2 Likes

Keep us updated!

My BMW sales guy says its around 800-1000 in damage maybe a tad more.

Carfax just came in. Guy disclosed there was a minor accident to driver side front which the carfax showed. It shows one owner. He had it serviced at BMW each time. Concerned that whoever did the repair did a shit job given the badge damage noted in the photos.

Run…Forrest, Run
That car will just give you headache later, let someone else take the headache.
It’s obvious to me that he slipshod the repair job, pocketed the difference and is trying to unload this turd to some sucker.

@IAC_Scott just posted a fantastic demo deal on a 530xe.

5 Likes

You nailed this

2 Likes

Meaning what exactly? It was previously stolen and recovered?

That this bent thing really looked suspicious. I was actually wondering about it too. How in the world it got bent like this? And the door still closes properly?

1 Like

That’s not a concern. That’s a guaranteed fact.

2 Likes

Officially passed.

Thanks to all for helping me avoid this landmine/hoopty car.

6 Likes