Question about Costco Card

I am being offered a deal which, according to the dealer, is better than the Costco-negotiated price. I am a Costco executive member and the dealership is otherwise a participating Costco dealership. Will I still get the Costco rebate card even if I do not use the Costco pricing?

Nope. Is that a deal breaker?

You get the costco pricing and card or non-costco pricing without the card. Just take whichever is a better deal.

1 Like

This is what the Costco website says:

Purchase or lease a new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac to receive:*

• Costco Member Pricing
    • The best value available:
      • GM Employee Pricing, or
      • GM Supplier Pricing, or
      • Percentage off MSRP
  • Compatible GM incentives for which you qualify
  • A Costco Shop Card after completing a Costco Auto Program survey
    • $700 for Executive Members
    • $300 for Gold Star and Business Members

FOR THE COSTCO CARD… to help everyone :slight_smile: this is for chevrolet, i cannot speak for other brands.

if you are purchasing or leasing a vehicle that has the NATIONWIDE employee pricing for everyone, you still get the costco cash card.
ie - 2020 equinox lease has employee pricing for everyone as a NATIONWIDE promo, you still get the costco card.

if you are purchasing or new lease a vehicle that is NOT under nationwide employee pricing for everyone program, and you use the GM employee CODE or authorization number by being a GM Employee or having a GM friends and family discount, you do DO NOT get the cash card.
ie - 2019 Blazer DOES NOT have employee pricing for everyone. you CAN use the GM employee code to help bring down your cost of the lease, but you will NOT receive the cash card.

so long story short, true GM employee’s and GM Friends and family DO NOT get the cash card if they use the code to discount the car.

1 Like