Q50 Red Sport in GA - What am I doing wrong?

Better than anything I have found

Good deal. Sub 399 plus tax

Pretty banging deal on a Red Sport. Is the MF really .003 or .0003? Because thatā€™s a huge difference.

That should be 0.00003. Surprised you found a really base RS. usually they have floormats or some kind of 200 or 300 accessories on them.

I needed to chime on on this lengthy thread - YES what youā€™re hearing is correct, the ā€œgoodā€ lease deals on '18 Red Sports are effectively gone at this point. My suggestion would be to look at a 2019 model - virtually the same car, but now available with the gallery white interior - itā€™s nice if you like light color seats. Residuals are better on 2019 models.

I leased 2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD on the last Saturday in December right when it was end of month, end of quarter, end of year (leased in New Jersey, live in New York). Iā€™m paying $444/month, 39-months, 12K miles per year with just first months payment due at signing, all-in. No, I didnā€™t qualify for VPP. Mine had a few options and the MSRP was $58,050 without DAS (direct adaptive steering). So I wrote a check for $444 and walked out with a brand new almost $60K car with 400 horsepower. This beat the 1% rule significantly. After several back-and-forth emails with different dealers, it was a steal in my opinon.

Iā€™ve had the car going on 11 months now and Iā€™ve been pleased. You must understand this car wasnā€™t designed to compete with the M4, S4, C43 AMG, etc. Itā€™s more of an executive-level 340i. Listen, youā€™re not getting Apple CarPlay, an electronic parking brake, updated navigation graphics, adaptive cruise control (itā€™s optional with the Pro Active Package), but hello itā€™s 400 horsepower! The Bose Performance System is awesome and thereā€™s plenty of nice touches - lighted door handles (inside & out), aluminum on the doors in the shape of Japanese Samurai swords, heated steering wheel, sport brakes, power steering column, quilted leather, etc. Shockingly, Iā€™m averaging 24 miles per gallon and this car is all wheel drive.

You can rush away from stop lights and toll booths feeling lightheaded with the gobs of torque this thing provides. The run-flat Dunlops that come on AWD models leave much to be desired, but Iā€™m hoping I can get them to last the length of my lease. I was worried about the size of the car as it feels smaller than an Acura TLX, but as the months have gone by itā€™s grown on me. Iā€™ve hauled my bicycle with the rear seats folded and even a small console cabinet in the trunk. Parking is easy especially with the around-view monitor and parking sensors.

Keeping chipping away with local dealers via email. Maybe wait another month and then pit them against each other with the best quotes as the last week of the month closes near. Good luck!

1 Like