Q50 offer check

Looking at the following offer as a pull ahead for my dad.

2020 Q50 Sport RWD
30 months, 10k miles
MSRP: $51,080
Sales price: $41,228 (19.3% discount)
MF: 0.00102
RV: 56%
MSD: 9 (Max - we have not had this conversation yet, any thoughts on pushback?)
Monthly pmt after MSDs, before tax: $463
$0 down
Leasehackr score: 9.9

Edited to fix link to calculator

Link to calculator:

Deal doesn’t look very good. Sweet spot for INFINITI deals are usually 39 months. Run it with that program and see what the payments come out to be.

1 Like

What did edmunds give you for rv/mf/incentives? You’re showing no incentives, so need to know what is being rolled into that discount.

1 Like

I respect that fact that you are assisting your Dad! Adding that no, doesn’t seem like a great “deal” IMO, especially as Infiniti’s have been quite a challenge for Nissan to move over the course of the past 18+ months. Like others have and will share with you, do some research on this website and Edmunds…you can do much better on price. Good luck!

1 Like

Oh sorry! I got the following from Edmund’s which is why I was looking at the 30 month and the Sport.

So $7000 in incentives, so you’re only getting 5.5% off

1 Like

When I came back and asked for a lower sales price - I took the Edmund’s TV and then the $5500, they said they were already losing money. One of the other dealers I spoke to earlier today, who was confused by the 30 mo, said I should take this deal for the same reason. I am not confident on this pricing piece.

I felt good about the Sport being a higher RV and the 30 month being a lower MF. Maybe that logic is wrong.

There’s a $2500 rebate as well. The $1500 customer cash and $1000 loyalty. I think I put it in the right spot in the calculator, but maybe not.

So my initial thought that the sale price should be the Edmund’s TV, less the incentives, was correct? This number was closer to $39k.

Ignore Edmunds tv. Look through other q50 deals and broker offers here to determine a comparable pre-incentive discounts.

1 Like

In that case, there’s $8k in incentives on this, so they’re at 3.5% pre-incentive.

1 Like

Thanks, they quoted 39 months as well. Same MSRP, Sales Price.
MF: 0.00112
RV: 50%
With MSDs
Pmt: $443
Score: 10.2

The $2500 isn’t a post sale rebate, it’s a taxed incentive.

1 Like

Are they asking $0 down or $0 das?

$0 down. The standard at signing, first month, etc.

Thanks for the note on the $2500.

There’s a new post from a dealer and I’m wondering if they’re using this for the “pull ahead” instead of lowering the cap costs? :thinking:

This was sent originally for 39 mo, 10k. Before MSDs - which we haven’t discussed yet.

Well that one is a little different. They’re itemizing the $2500 rebate there and burying the $5500 into the discount.

Their numbers don’t work out though (short about $20/mo). Have you confirmed they’re giving buy rate MF?

1 Like

Why hide the MSD part? You’re just wasting time if you come to an agreement, then find out that dealer won’t do MSDs.

Yes, they sent that separately (it was the same MF/RV that I got from Edmund’s). I’m working off of my phone right now, but when I did it earlier, it all worked out with the taxes, etc.

Works out about right with a .0002 mark up

1 Like

Thanks! I will have to take a look at this in the morning with fresh eyes. Of course NOW I see the link to where everything goes on the calculator. :upside_down_face:

1 Like