Q50 offer check

There’s no such thing as a “standard” DAS

What’s in the “etc”?

I have no idea what you just said

1 Like

Okay, coffee is slowing kicking in. This was their response to the online inquiry. I had spoken to the SA on Monday, but it was his day off and he said he would get back on Tuesday. This came, was not planning on “taking the first offer.” Spoke to the SM about further discounting and he said they were already losing money, told him we had a few other inquiries out, appreciated his time and would get back with him to discuss and would also like to look at MSDs (which my dad is not sold on because he thinks Infiniti might go bankrupt - feel free to opine there). He was nice and said they’d follow up as well. All good. The only thing that pushed me to post this and consider it, was that another dealer looked at this and said we should take it because they’re loosing money on it. I didn’t know why they would say that otherwise - I offered to send because of the 30 month, they couldn’t figure out how other dealerships were doing that. (I originally saw the 30 month option on LH in the broker section last month, which is why I asked Edmund’s for it). I’m extremely grateful for the thoughts from last night and especially the updated calculator from @mllcb42 - seriously, thank you for helping guide! I hope to be able to pay it forward when I’m better at this. I promise I have been researching and trying to learn. I lurk a lot. I’ve got two big leases coming up in either Aug (pull ahead) or Dec (if we switch brands), so need to be better by then! :wink:

I have been looking at deals on here and from the brokers who post here, so I’m going back to those. Q50s don’t seem to be popular here, but it’s the only thing my dad will consider. This is Infiniti #11.

Since I shouldn’t be using Edmund’s for the TV, does KBB make sense? In addition to what I can see here. I’m aggregating as much as I can find to try to get an accurate range.

My plan (after talking to the other dealer yesterday) was to follow up today or tomorrow to make sure everything was correct (now I can better do that with the updated calculator) - the MF they quoted, 0.00102 (for 30 - which is what he leans towards - back to the bankruptcy thing - you can make fun of it, but it’s not going to change). It sounds like he will not do MSDs (he’s gone back and forth), but I will ask about them so he has the option. The dealership he got the last 10 leases from keeps sending options for the wrong car - different color, different trims, it’s been a disaster. So he’s also itching to just be done because he’s bored.

Anyways, hopefully we can get this a little better. Again, so appreciate all of the input and help. You guys are awesome for taking your time to respond! :smiley:

1 Like

Is there another dealer around? Honestly, Infiniti is not doing well, especially now, if they are loosing money it’s not your fault, is it the market. If they continue to hide incentives knowing you are aware of how the lease is wired just move on. In my area there are many dealers with full inventory of Infinitis. (Infinitii?)

As another poster said try to do at least 36 months if possible. Find a dealer who can do MSDs. Or, try using a broker and learn from them how they structure a deal. In SoCal would probably target high low 300s for this car with loyalty + MSDs, not sure about your area. Check my post history for a similar Red Sport deal. Also check if you work for one of the VPP companies (worth additional $700). https://pictures.dealer.com/wayzatanissan/7b76865e0a0e0acb43ea7546e4a19816.pdf

Very likely if you stop communicating with uncooperative Infiniti dealer for a few days they will start calling you back.

1 Like

Yes, several dealers - in FL. Latest update is that I got my dad to pause the search after they sent updated numbers and there were new additional line items in there. I asked since as @mllcb42 pointed out, the math was off.

I wish he would look outside of the brand! Thank you for the tips. I’m sure he will want to restart this again in a few weeks and every bit of knowledge helps!

I think it’s time to get dad to move on from Infiniti, they’re in the toilet and the product blows, widen the horizons and increase the budget. You’ll surely end up with a better vehicle

1 Like

Agreed. The only reason I am still buying is the performance version, Red Sport. Not possible to find a similar equipped performance sedan for mid-300s.

Gotta love that $905.50 Processing/Doc Fee. Price you pay for living in the sunshine state:)

1 Like

That’s a strong descriptor for a car with that steer-by-wire system! Hope you didn’t get Infiniti’s dynamic steering! Great value car otherwise!

Nope, did not get it of course :slight_smile: It is a part of a technology package or whatever it is called for RS. There is a backup collision intervention, front and rear cameras/sonars and forward emergency braking included by default, but you can turn those off in the settings if you want.

Other than that, the car is a beast between 2.5-5k RPM, which is the efficiency range for the small Honeywell turbos it has. I think transmission is the weakest part when it comes to the power delivery.

Been hearing the same thing. Transmission and tech hold the car back. Hard to beat the value proposition though. Just wished it looked different than the regular sport.

This is my 5th G/Q platform. I miss my G35 and JDM Skyline sedans where you could select a gear (1-2-3) and the transmission will not allow itself to shift higher than, say, 3rd gear, which was my default driving mode in Europe. I would take that over “manual” shifting any day.