23,xxx Miles
Tad over a year of 4/50k new car warranty left, then one year CPO
Cirrus over black with AMG appearance pkg
Cash deal

$40,900 purchase price
OTD on the day $41,4xxx
Tax payable directly to DMV when they get home

8 Likes

Wow, much better pricing than '21 540iX CPOs I’ve been keep an eye on lately.

Overall pricing is still rather unappealing. Average mileage 35-40k cars are like $45. A little less if carfax has something on it. Sub 25k with clean carfax like this one are $48.

1 Like

Doesn’t the E350 have a 4-cylinder though? So wouldn’t the 530i be a better comparison?

PJ

2 Likes

True. But I also don’t know if 540 pricing can be directly comparable to E450’s. I don’t have the numbers rn but my impression is MB just didn’t make that many E450 sedans, while BMW made more 540s.

Also, even when the E350 was six cylinders the comparison wasn’t always direct as MB generally offered 2 engine choices below AMG while BMW offered 3 below M.

I didn’t even know that, obviously I’m not a Merc guy😅

That is a great price. I am in the market for something similar and dealers are asking $45K and up. Did you get this private party or negotiate a dealer down? I can buy out my 2020 530ix with 18K miles for $32,900 in December, but I prefer the E350. I am hoping to get a deal in late December.

Yeah as of last week the market was $44-45k for cars with 36-45k mileage and $47-48k for sub 25k mile cars with clean carfax.

Not really a hack but I was watching the market. When I saw a big overnight price reduction and it happened to be a color they liked, I recommend they pounce on it.

Not much negotiation on the purchase price after it was already reduced below market (they came down $500 but weren’t willing to do the $2,000 price cut that was asked). MB dealership.