Buy or lease? BMW 330i 2024

If I plan to keep the car 5-6 years should I just buy a new 2024 one?

The lease programs are still weak objectively but a solid option now if you plan to change cars anyway (I’ve seen all the broker offers at best they crack LH score of 8 with maximum MSD)

10% discount, $2k loyalty and the $1k cash

Or do I get something by leasing that I’m not seeing? (MF takes APR of total finance cost instead of going down like a financed car if I understand it correctly)

Just feel lost since leases aren’t so hot in this segment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah it’s a no-brainer under today’s market conditions.

2 Likes

I was thinking of a 2020 cpo for $32k but maybe just get since there are discounts now

Thanks

Doesn’t CPO give you an additional year of coverage/unlimited mileage on top of the manufacturer’s warranty?

If you plan to go that route, just make sure you read the fine print and understand what is excluded from the CPO warranty.

Yes.

With cpo same features id save $11k but the car is 4 years older and has some miles (under 20k)

Not sure if it’s worth it in the long run with resale value (2020 vs 2024), not having warranty for most of the years, and service gone

If you can swing it, I would suggest buying new, as max said.

1 Like

I helped someone buy a 2021 CPO Mercedes and I steered them away from MY2020 because they’re mostly 4 years old (sold in the fall of 2019) and the pitiful savings didn’t justify losing the last one year of factory warranty.

Even the ‘21 they eventually bought only made sense because of a large price cut (almost 20%) whereas everyone else equally stuck with immovable inventory is sticking to their insane prices.

For now. But something will have to give because the insane minority of used-car buyers who were paying these prices have bought cars or tapped out. Rational buyers are not willing to pay these prices.

JMO but I feel like buying new between now and 1/1 is the best way to achieve some satisfaction. Because dealer discount for brand new vehicles is back to close to pre-pandemic levels (leases are not, due to MF and rebate worsening). So buy it and you’re all set for the next 5-6 years. A used car will probably have you watching for the inevitable sound of a bubble popping and ruining your satisfaction.

Keep in mind the cost of tires and maintenance CAN be lower with a lease, plus you MAY get better safety technology and/or better tech/performance/comfort when you upgrade to a new BMW every 24-36 months. I personally don’t ever want the liability of owning a BMW, and for me, the above perks are worth a few thou every few years, if that’s what I lose by not buying.

A.so need to consider the sales tax on leasing every 3 years in states like MD. 6% every 3 years unless you get lucky and dealer buys your car out of lease and passes the sales tax savings on to you. Daughter leased a pretty loaded 330ix this spring. She could not have afforded to buy it as her first car out of school. She does not have to worry about repairs or maintenance which makes budgeting easier for her. The maintenance costs on a 4 year old BMW may surprise you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.