PSA: 2018 3 Series lease support back in the Midwest

I have been waiting to post this until my deal went through, but now that a 330i is in my driveway I will

Although BFS lease support officially ended after April everywhere except for California, apparently enough dealers in the midwest pushed back against this that BMW is now allowing them to continue to lease unsold 2018 3 series until the end of this month.

All of the Chicago dealerships I spoke to are participating in this, but not all of the Wisconsin ones are.

1 Like

Does this include 330 and 340 GTs?

What’s the best lease folks have seen in Chicagoland for 3-series? Would love to get one in the 200s all in if it’s possible…

Start calling dealers then and let us know.

1 Like

I am starting to now but the benefit of this forum is to see if others have done so already and get an idea of the market. If no one is having luck in Chicago, which is a tougher market for leases, it may temper my expectations.

Wonder if it went national for the Memorial Day “sales event”

1 Like

The dealership I bought from isn’t even open on Memorial Day :man_shrugging:

What MF did they use?

Thank you so much for the heads up! I got a 330e for $198/mo last month and just picked up a $53k 330i for $226/mo 0 down for my S.O. (so we now have two 3 series leases with $108,000 total MSRPs for $400/mo. lol)!

My friend also leased one at the same price and they said they would do the same on the remaining inventory (I think 5 330i remaining). They have a couple 320i which actually ended up being the same price if not a tiny bit more because of the rebates but they are still a great deal. If anyone wants the salesman and dealer info, PM me as they were great to work with. Thanks again for letting me know about the lease support returning!

1 Like

What was your MF Res and incentives?

I’m in Cincinnati, and my dealer has a few 18 demo’s still in stock, including a diesel and an e. I don’t actually need another car, but when I fill out the leasehackr calc on either with last month’s incentives and the demo discounts, the payment is undefined because the depreciation is less than the discounts. Not sure how that works.

1 Like

I was looking at the advertised 2018 demo’s at a store in the derby city, $52.5k 328d, advertised $14k off with 1500 miles. When asking for a detailed quote, they said the incentives were still available but included in the $14k, but said loyalty could be added for $15k, and came back with $442/mth with tax $0 down, including a bunch of addons (why do I need a protection plan, isn’t that the warranty? comes with the car) and subtracting 2 numbers getting an answer $1k off, guess which way, having an inception fee and the acquisition fee, plus $700 in fees that I don’t even know what they are, not Doc/DMV that was $600, I asked if he was serious.

Then they came back with $385/mth. It’s like they don’t think people can do math. It’s not a horrible deal, but after the “fee”-asco and math problems, why would you actually want to do business with them at all? Free might be too much.

They’re hungry for the sale.

What better satisfaction (while also getting other quotes from competing dealers) than to make them lose their shirt after they tried to rip yours off your back?

Explains why they still have 2018’s

1 Like

Exactly.

I reached out to the sales manager of a dealer sitting on 23 (!!!) 2018 3er’s and he quoted me the selling price from their website and MF marked to the max. And the obligatory ‘when would you like to take delivery’. How about never :rofl:

There’s a reason that dealers with 2018 inventory haven’t gotten rid of these cars.

1 Like

Guess some cars will come with birthday cakes come June if these dealers don’t wise up and get with the program.

1 Like

Yup.

FWIW, in MI I am being told that there is no support for 328d. But all other 3’s have lease support. Very strange!

1 Like

I wonder if they’ll throw in the :birthday:? It’ll probably be :heavy_plus_sign::heavy_plus_sign: though

1 Like

A lot of the 18 3s I have been selling recently have had to go through service for their yearly maintenance because they had a birthday. I also have a feeling we will have an i8 that will have a few birthdays since the last i3 and i8 we had new sat for 3 years.

Dealer prep $800

Chris, I am also from MI and working a deal for 3 series loaner in Chicago area for crazy deal without loyalty.

For those interested please PM me if you want more details.