Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

That’s pretty much how it would work. They would periodically check those cars and make sure they were still registered to the same owner. If not, they could send a letter requesting reimbursement of a prorated portion of the funds.

1 Like

CA audits registrations. Easy enough to validate the application against the current registration. Part of the agreement you sign does state the conditions and repayment as these are public funds. How much it’s enforced… YMMV :man_shrugging:

1 Like

current lease & costco stack. but the pull-ahead offer doesn’t on top of that.

6 Likes

i was going to ask about pull-ahead. thanks for answering it!

1 Like

I suppose same way motor vehicle knows if you don’t carry insurance. Or see that same vin is now registered to different individual

It’s a real shame I’m not a costco member. There is a dealer near me offering 5k off sticker (before any rebates) on LT bolt’s. Sticker of 40k, 15,250 in discounts and rebates, with 53% residual…196/mo or a 6k 1-pay.

Not having much luck with NJ dealers either; they’re not willing to go down much on MSRP…I think I’d bite at 10% off.

Am I missing something…In VA we pay tax on everything, so I’d imagine in NJ if you could get 10% off, the one pay would be around 5500…after the 5k rebate, the car would basically be free…

Don’t have loyalty, so its more like 7.5k. Base LT models are pretty much all gone too.

same. i am getting ~$5k dealer discount in MD for a $39k LT. i think thats the target for dealer discount people should be aiming for.

On a side note: Costco is amazing for so many reasons - $60/yr is absolutely worth it, for much more than the occasional lease deal (assuming you living near one). No reason to not have a membership IMO.

2 Likes

Northern Virginia.

youre not missing anything other than im not sure people have found NJ dealers giving 10% off now.

Is 10% off MSRP pre incentive achievable in NJ? Might jump on one of these things if I can …

Also, can these run solely on gas or do they require some sort of electric charge?

Could make for a cheap grocery getter :joy:

Quite frankly I wouldn’t want to be seen in one of these lmao :sob:

Fuark… I live in a condo complex and don’t have access to a charger… I guess this is a no go :no_good_man:

Its been done, just not post covid that anyone has reported that I’m aware of.

In Jersey? I’ve been trying to crack the nut on Chevy dealers in Jersey it’s not such an easy one. Post-Covid is one factor, but I think the CHARGE UP program launching in Jan of 2020, during Covid, is probably a source of additional resistance.

My Bolt deal in February was 10.9% off before incentives. I had supplier.

I think this was before or early into the GM Plant Shutdowns. Also right around when gas prices plummeted down? Don’t get me wrong that was a very solid deal, I just think the market and world economy has probably changed enough since then that it’s not easily repeatable.

Assuming you live in a city and depending on your commute you could make it work. I didn’t have charger in my condo but there was a public garage across the street that I charged in once a week (my commute was like 40 miles per day).