Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

I was curious about deal so walked into local socal chevy dealer to see what deals they had and they offered the below… $139 36 months 10k miles with 3k down. California rebate and SCE rebate would put me at 0 down…

not bad?

i was expecting better.

msrp 38570
total savings and rebates 14109
net price 24461
residual 20442
.0051 apr

Need more information. Also if you’re going to put 3k down then go all the way and do a one pay.

With a msrp of 38570 you’re looking at bolt LT with fast charge.

That are asking basically ~8000 one pay. This seems high.

Definitely look at @ethanrs or @ChevyPhil for NoCal/SoCal as reference prices.

2 Likes

This tactic (the post-sale rebates will take care of your down payment) is just diverting from the deal. Act as if those rebates don’t exist when negotiating.

It sounds like you didn’t make much of an effort, and did the thing scientifically proven to get you a terrible lease: walk-in to a dealer and ask for numbers. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

It really isn’t a bad deal by any means. I’m the only person that goes this hard on Bolts. What they offered is pretty strong

Yeah it was a lazy move, I had my car at Toyota dealer getting serviced and haven’t looked at lease hackr for a few months and this seemed like a cool deal so took a 2 min walk and asked for a test drive and for an offer was in and out in 30 mins, I actually got my spark EV a few years back through leasehackr advice for $99 by walking into a dealer and seeing what they could do. It wasn’t too bad I guess, was trying to get an idea.

Thanks Ethan!

To get an idea how far off I am from best deals, how much was your monthly price for the below so I can compare?

$39,970 MSRP
$34,100 Selling
$10,250 Rebate
7.75% Tax - 36/10k

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hey Hacking,

The amount changes based on location too.

For example if you are in the Bay Area you get an additional 1400 off.

Based on what I’ve seen, I would say ~6500 one pay give or take a few hundred would be considered a good deal for Non Bay Area.

1 Like

I’m wondering what people think about this offer I received yesterday. The amount off MSRP seems very good (almost 15%) but the quote shows an APR of 2.22% (equivalent to MF of .00093). I asked why the MF wasn’t the going rate of .00051. He said manager had upped the rate because they had taken so much off the MSRP. Seems strange; I had thought that the MF was set by the leasing company, not the dealer. But the end result seems like an OK deal, so maybe it all evens out? Thanks for your thoughts!

2020 Chevy Bolt EV LT
MSRP: $39,890
Selling Price: $33,990
Monthly Payment: $223.58 (still need to figure out why it doesn’t match the calculator amount of $218/m)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12
MF: 0.00093 (2.22% APR)
Residual: 52%
Incentives: $3000 Costco + $5750 Lease cash
Region: Northern California

Dealer can mark up money factor, and as they admitted, that’s what they are doing here to offset the price. But if they can mark it up that means you can negotiate it back down! The only thing you can’t really change is residual value, taxes and mandatory fees, everything else is fair game.

Got it. Thanks for the reply!

Ask them for a selling price with the base money factor (00051 on the LT) and compare the quotes to see what the monthly difference is. Push for the base money factor if you can either way, of course.

If you plan to do a one pay isn’t a slightly marked up mf for a larger discount almost better? It will allow you take full advantage of the one pay reduction.

1 Like

That’s true, you could agree to a 00074 MF before the one pay and it would be the same as the base MF. (One Pay reduces the MF by 00073 but cannot end up lower than 00001).

Just Signed and Picked up my 2020 Bolt LT. I am in NY so the larger rebates and no tax did not apply to me. I paid $6442 on a one pay lease 36/10.

Costco, Conquest, Loyalty, NY Drive Clean, GM Financial and Supplier, incentives came to $12,250 and they sold me the car at $800 below supplier. I believe that there was still room to push the price lower, but one dealer quoted me 10,000 on a Premier Onepay and another dealer was just not understanding the rebates and onepay at all. Didn’t have many options and wanted to grab it before months end. I am thinking Chevy will extend rebates to October as well but I was like… what the hell.

I can share dealer and salesperson info, smoothest transaction ever, in and out in 30 minutes, if not less, did everything by email in advanced.

4 Likes

Pretty good for NY, where I haven’t seen too many deals listed on here. Which region?

Taking out the NY $2k rebate, this would essentially be $8442 for any other state without a pos rebate. Also, I don’t think loyality/conquest can stack with each other so you probably only got one of them.

They did seem to stack. I am in Westchester County.

Yeah you can’t get Loyalty and Conquest, so there must be some other type of discount going on.

Is the reduction by 00073 for one pay standard on all deals or is that number open to negotiation too?

Reason I’m asking is they’ve now offered me a one pay with a MF of .00042 when it should be .00020 based on the original quote with monthly payments (00093-00073=00020). Not insignificant as it adds several hundred dollars to the one pay amount. Seems like the deal is getting worse…

1 Like