Porsche Macan Loaner, $543/mo effective, one pay ~70k MSRP

base macans are to be driven in sport only. otherwise, theyre dull as anything.

3 Likes

It’s more fun to drive a “slow” car fast than vice versa

3 Likes

This was my friends philosophy with his BRZ, he said it was a lot more fun to push that to the brink constantly on the track or the backroads and drive it to its limit than the M3 which you couldn’t use all of.

1 Like

The Macan is a wonderful all around car. If I were building one from scratch would it be a base? No sir. But, for how I (and most people) drive on a regular basis, it’s perfect.

Last year, I had enough horsepower to keep me entertained for a lifetime. To @max_g s point, it’s rather hard to truly enjoy a GT500 or Hellcat without driving like an absolute maniac.

The Macan (yes, even the base), can comfortably hit an on ramp at 80+ and feel like it ain’t going anywhere. It’s still a Porsche chassis and feels every part of it.

With car seats in the back 700+ horsepower isn’t as enjoyable.

The Macan GTS is superb machine. I had the opportunity to track one a few years back and it was nothing short of perfect. The current gen S has the previous gen GTS engine as well.

9 Likes

It’s more fun to drive a fast car fast than a slow car slow… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We hear this time and time again. I can believe it in certain instances, but it is difficult to believe for myself.lol There is just something about having not only enough power, but also having more than enough power. There is nothing worse than going to use the power and it simply isn’t there (whether it is passing someone on the highway or you decide to fool around for 15 seconds). When you get down to level of lacking any sort of power, it just isn’t satisfying. (none of this is geared directly towards the base Macan)

Do you still have the GT500?? :face_with_peeking_eye: :grin:

The most fun car I have ever had came equipped with………197 hp🤪

The 2.0 is nothing to rave about, the real gem here is that PDK. I test drove a 2020 while back and in manual mode with some spirited driving it was neat. It even gave a little burp from the exhaust. Look, at this price for the badge you cannot fault the car for what it is. Base or not it is the most sold suv in the lineup.

Enjoy it as long as possible.

2 Likes

(Most fun) Just over 300 hp here. ~3,400 curb weight, two seater coupe with a 6 speed. Handled like a go cart on steroids. :sunglasses:

2006+ 350z?

‘08 350z & an ‘09 370z

1 Like

I personally disagree. Whipping around corners on public roads feels way more dangerous than going full throttle for a few seconds, so the former is not my idea of fun, I’d rather take my dopamine shots at every light and on ramp, with a car that can push you against the back of your seat.

2 Likes

Definitely agreed. HC feels like ‘an car’ (using Jeremy Clarkson terms) when driven normally.

1 Like

Got one ~67k MSRP, ~7k one pay SoCal. 12/15.
actually like the chassis. Sport mode is solid.

8 Likes

Before anyone asks, is dealer willing to replicate in So Cal?

Couldn’t watch the video from work, but my major concern on V6 Macans is the “PDK” transmission mechatronics unit literally melting (it’s an Audi DL-501) and the aluminium timing chain cover bolts sheering off because they’re the wrong spec for the purpose. Aside from that, there aren’t many issues worth noting on used Macans, just find one with regular maintenance done.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: A Macan T with a stage 2+ tune is probably a better sporting car than the Macan S. I would challenge even a GTS at that point, but not sure if you can get the same suspension and chassis control systems on a Macan T as you can on a GTS.

Having a four-popper in the front instead of a heavier V6 does alot for turn-in and I think weight has a tendency to be overlooked as a variable in modern luxury performance cars.

Sorry it’s the last 2022 unit in their inventory that’s why they were willing to negotiate.

Ok, I’ve pestered many of you already but really need a car ASAP and looking for guidance, please. Have a good candidate loaner and a dealer claiming he’s motivated to lease it. Their advertised internet price is ~ 10% off the build sheet MSRP. What’s the best tactic from here? Just propose 18-20% MSRP right off the bat? Quote them recent sales in the area? Ask him what’s the best he can do?

The more specifics the better. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

My recommendation would be to go through a broker at this point. Given you need a car ASAP and you don’t seem super familiar with leasing, going through a broker will save you effort, time, and money

There are lots of resources on this website for those willing to put in the time. There are many discussions on how to negotiate, by email or otherwise. If you propose a range they will always take the lower end of the range, and then you need to be willing to go ahead or you’ve lost that dealer forever (and wasted everyone’s time). It sounds like you had already agreed to a number with a previous dealer, and you ended up not going ahead with that one. That burns the dealer for the rest of us too.

4 Likes