Porsche Macan Loaner, $543/mo effective, one pay ~70k MSRP

Before anyone asks, is dealer willing to replicate in So Cal?

Couldn’t watch the video from work, but my major concern on V6 Macans is the “PDK” transmission mechatronics unit literally melting (it’s an Audi DL-501) and the aluminium timing chain cover bolts sheering off because they’re the wrong spec for the purpose. Aside from that, there aren’t many issues worth noting on used Macans, just find one with regular maintenance done.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: A Macan T with a stage 2+ tune is probably a better sporting car than the Macan S. I would challenge even a GTS at that point, but not sure if you can get the same suspension and chassis control systems on a Macan T as you can on a GTS.

Having a four-popper in the front instead of a heavier V6 does alot for turn-in and I think weight has a tendency to be overlooked as a variable in modern luxury performance cars.

Sorry it’s the last 2022 unit in their inventory that’s why they were willing to negotiate.

Ok, I’ve pestered many of you already but really need a car ASAP and looking for guidance, please. Have a good candidate loaner and a dealer claiming he’s motivated to lease it. Their advertised internet price is ~ 10% off the build sheet MSRP. What’s the best tactic from here? Just propose 18-20% MSRP right off the bat? Quote them recent sales in the area? Ask him what’s the best he can do?

The more specifics the better. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

My recommendation would be to go through a broker at this point. Given you need a car ASAP and you don’t seem super familiar with leasing, going through a broker will save you effort, time, and money

There are lots of resources on this website for those willing to put in the time. There are many discussions on how to negotiate, by email or otherwise. If you propose a range they will always take the lower end of the range, and then you need to be willing to go ahead or you’ve lost that dealer forever (and wasted everyone’s time). It sounds like you had already agreed to a number with a previous dealer, and you ended up not going ahead with that one. That burns the dealer for the rest of us too.

4 Likes

I’ve tried. Would be thrilled to use a broker.

I’ve read through way more than I care to confess on this site. I have Edmunds step by step lease calculation open at all times. I was trying to find out what worked specifically for those of you who have been successful recently with the Macans.

I’ve leased before and been pretty happy with my own negotiating but this is a whole different animal .

And as for “burning” another dealer, I never agreed to a price with that dealer and I did not request lease terms before he gave me a final selling price. He wouldn’t come down reasonably and just quoted a lease (that I shared with you).

I’ll echo the above and advise you to go the broker route. However, if you plan on taking this on on your own, asking the dealer what’s the best he can do will not be the right path forward. You should familiarize yourself with the lease calculator and punch in the numbers based on the realistic discount you’re seeking, the base money factor as well as your taxes and fees. Present that number to the sales manager and let them know that if they can get you that price, you’ll be there within the hour to sign on the dotted line. Knowing you are a serious, realistic buyer who is willing to act quickly will motivate the dealer to play ball.

Damn SoCal??? That’s insane.

1 Like

@AutoCompanion has 1 demo macan left. Check in with them. Not sure where you are located but add shipping/fee into your calculations.

1 Like

because the payment is so low, many porsche dealers will automatically be turned off if you ask for a 5xx monthly deal. That’s why I went the route of targeting a specific price (while knowing but not sharing what the monthly at that price would be), and once we agreed on a number that was close enough, I proceeded to the lease details (duration, etc.). Sometimes they come back with the wrong RV / MF etc. but a finance person can usually correct that.

Realize that 5xx is a tough range to get to, even in the 6s this would’ve been a pretty good deal for the times.

3 Likes

I’m being realistic, not trying for 5xx. Was using the basic principle of agreeing to selling price before discussing lease terms.

Agree with that approach. Just gotta be careful that they don’t yes you to death and then jack up the MF as well as fees to compensate.

The old FOLP affects Porsche too🤪

1 Like

I got an earful from the last dealer, basically how dare I ask for 18-20% off, when the RV is 80%. The righteous indignation was lovely.

3 Likes

That’s why you agree to selling price before going to discuss lease here.

Technically the RV is 80% on a new car not on a demo (mileage adjustment - except that they’re waived this month).

Idk what FOLP is but “mathletes can’t drive Porsches (and should try the Audi / Benz dealer down the road)” stuck with me :joy::joy:

Fear Of Low Payment

2 Likes

Can any one confirm if I select second prepaid service it bumps the residual? Kind of like what audicare does for AFS leases. Dealer wants $830 for this but warned residual drops if I avoid it.

@nyclife
@Petrem

No bump on 12 month term

1% bump on 24

1 Like