Porsche Macan and Mercedes EQE Deal Check - how to negotiate now?

This. Dealers are reluctant… at least those that really dont specialize in it. But if it doesnt come out of allocation… icing for the dealer? As mentioned earlier… for the buyer… perhaps a chance to own the car for free if market residuals hold over next year or 2. In addition to the thrill of driving it in Europe. I miss the old BMW Euro deliveries… they were slam dunks with the automatic discounts, free month of payment while at sea… and other goodies tacked on to the experience.

How do you find out what the manufacturer incentives are? For example, Mercedes, and if I wanted to create an offer for this vehicle. I do have the premium subscriber calculator features if that makes a difference.

Thank you very much for this! Exactly what I was looking for :slight_smile: . Can you please tell me what is the “welcome to EV” discount? I am already eligible for fleet and ev conquest. Thanks

Incentives as I have read them in my area.

$7500 EV tax credit (as long as you lease the EQE). $2500 welcome to EV credit. $1500 EV conquest (you have a PHEV or EV from another brand and MB is trying to capture you).

1 Like

It’s just lease cash AKA another incentive. AFAIK: It doesn’t stack with fleet.

1 Like

OP, your best bet here, other than the explanation by @IAC_Scott, would be to simply ask the dealer, “Hey, can you please provide me with a breakdown of these taxes and fees for me to understand,” or something to that effect. I believe they are required to itemize all costs for you, and if they don’t, its probably in your best bet to find a dealer who will.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your inputs and help. I am talking to the MB dealer for a better breakdown. At this stage, I think it makes sense for me to wait for June to roll through. Maybe the incentives improve? (wishful thinking?)

What I tell everyone who asks that question:

If you are happy with the deal as is, and are willing to take it, do not wait for next month hoping things get better.

If you are not happy with the deal, and don’t think you’d take it as is, you might as well roll the dice.

Don’t give up a good deal you’re happy with in hopes of a slightly better deal due to a program change. You might find things go the opposite way.

(Perfect example is everyone who was on the edge for an X5 order in April, who waited, only to see the money factor go up in May)

2 Likes

What is current max rebate you can get on a Macan S anywhere in the country? I think max I have seen is 8% and @IAC_Scott here has some pretty neat deals.

1 Like

He is shopping a Macan Base, I can go 8% off on those. I have some limited time Macan S for 7% right now, but generally not that much on an S.

I’m sure here and there someone can find a bigger discount than 8, but I prefer consistency and having a good dealer experience for my customers.

1 Like

@IAC_Scott - Does your discount apply to Colorado residents as well? I was thinking about a custom build Macan (or Macan T), getting a bit off MSRP would certainly make the pill less hard to swallow.

I’ll send the car anywhere! We shipped one to FL just a few weeks ago for another member.

Feel free to reach out, happy to help.

3 Likes

Doing 9% off on a build like that.

Are you currently accepting new clients? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

beg pardon?

Just a lighthearted joke referencing that some of your deals have only been for returning customers.

2 Likes

Do I hear 10?

3 Likes

No, you’re imagining things

3 Likes
  1. I think the numbers are similar this month. MB releases them on the 2nd of June. There is $1000 dealer cash that I did not read about before.
  2. What are your plans for this car? Take advantage of the incentives and buyout? Or lease and return?
  3. If you are going to buy, your present payoff looks like it would be around $69K (if you do not pick anything up from finance). You are in NJ, I do not think you would pay any sales tax on an EV. With a CU or bank loan at 5.8%, you would have a lower interest rate and after 2 years, your pay off would be $49K. That is $5K better than the residual. After 2 years, if (A gamble here) you can sell it for at least the residual ($55K), you would have spent: $22xxx. Maybe, you’d save $2000.
  4. I heard that someone on LH got a great deal on an EQE SUV but took the contract down because another member showed it to a dealer (LOL). I will try and find that post.

Also: 🦁 Next Level Auto: JUNE Mercedes Deals:10% off EQE SUV $565/mo with $3k DAS! ENDS 6/6! - #151 by inper

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.