Porsche Macan and Mercedes EQE Deal Check - how to negotiate now?

Hi,

I visited a Porsche dealer in NJ yesterday. Posting the deal I got from him. I know the deal is not great, but wanted input from the members on how to proceed with negotiating with the dealer for a better deal.

If I could also get some help understanding the breakdown in the snapshot below, it would help massively. For eg, how do I think about the $5872 “Inception fees and taxes”?

Calculator

If you want to save your time, I can do 8% off any Macan Base in stock or Custom Order, which is almost double this discount. I have a good amount of inventory and allocations available for order. Feel free to call or text me - 516-416-5481

As far as assistance goes on this, I can’t fully figure the 5,872.

2524 NJ Tax 6.625 +270 NJ Lux tax .4% +199+409+489+1095 = 4,986.There are some taxes on the non-gov fees, If you add first month, it get’s closer. That being said, using a calc I can get somewhat close. I assume that $0 means 0 down, but you’re definitely paying that ~5k at signing.

Here is a calc I come up with, the closest I can get is with a MF mark up, or maybe they’re showing you a discount that isn’t real.

As an example for you, here is a real deal I can do on a car I have in inventory:

7 Likes

OP, @IAC_Scott just saved you 6 grand (less fee)

7 Likes

You think about it was USD $44,000 TCO plus dispo.

1 Like

Also: https://www.raycatenaporsche.com/ray-catena-porsche-lease-offers/

The Catena deals are just + ttl

Now that you car is transferred, what were your overall impressions of the Macan?

Are the Macan S’s also 8% off?

1 Like

Not sure if you’ve seen my thread, but I actually have 3 of them at 7% off from now to end of month.

Normally maybe 3-4%. Trims above the base typically don’t need a discount.

1 Like

Adore the Macan. But:

1. Backseat room is not ideal for family.
  2. I wished I had an S
3 Likes

Hi,

I am a NJ resident. Recently visited a dealer for a test drive and got the following lease deal. I tried building a calculator, but I would appreciate experienced hackers to please check the snapshot as well.
What should be my next step here? MSDs?

Calculator

Edit: deleted due @trusted_hackrs merging two unrelated threads.

1 Like

Isn’t this deal much better though…?

Don’t just open new threads without reading the first or without even understanding you are asking the same conceptual questions.

What is your strategy?

3 Likes

I think that’s maybe a Cayenne MSRP? And includes a trade in? Regardless OP is demonstrating that they have a lot to learn or a lot of work to do.

@pk20 to be nicer: it’s good you are doing the lesson part before you sign. Lot of folks do not.

1 Like

Oh Apologies, I thought I should open a new topic since I am asking a question about a different make, just to have the correct audience (tags, etc).

Hi mattevan, thanks for your inputs. The moderators merged 2 topics together. The second calculator/post is for a mercedes EQE 350 SUV, not Porsche. I had opened a separate topic, but I think @max_g wants me to discuss both makes in the same topic. Any idea on how I can further negotiate the MB deal? I think MF is marked up, and maybe I can query about MSDs?

1 Like

I think he’s shopping a Macan and EQE SUV

3 Likes

Hi, yes, thanks. @max_g merged my 2 topics into one. I took the liberty to update the tags so my topic becomes visible to the MB experts too…

I can’t help you with MB. Many others can however. Sorry Max’s poor moderation choice led to confusion. They are uncompensated help.

Welcome to LeaseHackr!!!

2 Likes

Hello Scott,

Do you deal with all porsches? I was trying to find out f its possible to get a deal on a European Delivery 911? DO you know if you can lease Euro Deliveries?