Porsche 911 Turbo Lease

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a 2019 BMW M5 currently that’s modified a bit. It does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and a 10.1 1/4 mile. I want something that’s a step up in terms of acceleration and is lighter/more fun to drive at the track. If I get a 911 Turbo, it will at least be tuned. Quite a few 992’s are running mid 9 second 1/4 miles with just a tune.

Fair enough. But as usual, dream cars will be dream cars for the next few years at least.

:chocolate_bar:

You can get one of the few 992 Turbos, but there is a premium to pay vs a 720s

1 Like

That trap doesn’t add up, you should be under 10 or 10 flat. Unless ur missing shifts or on a dme tune that drops boost.

I also wouldn’t called that modified a bit, a tune + downpipes + alternative fuel source is significantly modified imo, that’s a heck of a tune if you are running 2.49 0-60 at 10.1 1/4 on 93 octane.

1 Like

Newport Beach Aston has a few loaners DB9 etc around $3000/month.

Someone considering a 911 and 720 are not looking at a DB9.

4 Likes

I know the guy who did that. We were working together to get into the 9’s at the same time. I ran a 10.27 with just a JB4 on a low setting. When I did the 10.17 (posted in that thread I believe), I had meth injection and intakes also. The intakes added nothing, meth injection also added nothing. I only had meth to be extra safe. These M5’s like to bend rods and the one of the main reasons is preignition. I can turn it on/off back to back on runs and there was no difference.

The M5’s are super easy to get down to about a 10.2. Beyond that, it takes a crazy tune that’s pushing the limits. The boost has to increase exponentially to see much of a difference after that point. Stock is 18-20. 22-23psi will hit a 10.2. About 30psi was required for him to hit 9’s. It’s not something you can daily drive at that point, it’s a time bomb.

1 Like

Are 720’s around $3000 a month? I’d be down for that.

1 Like

50% higher 0-60 of a 992 Turbo, slower top speed by 20mph, etc. Different class.

Yeah I don’t understand the Vantage. It’s sexy. But not a performance car by todays standards. An M340 will basically perform the same for $500 a month.

Yeah the intakes are only a supplementary add your real moneymakers are the downpipes and tune. I always felt meth was safer in these high builds, I was planning to drop e85 in the hellcat if I got to the 900whp threshold.

Yeah I think 22-23 is fairly safe, probably need a bottom end once you start going to 30ish, I know the w212 e63 post facelift had issues with bent rods at high boost as did the f10 m5s. Honestly it’s a common problem when you start getting into the 900s, the block can’t handle it.

What was your best time?

Personal opinion, no. There’s one in Tx for 2400 but I gurantee he’s asking for DP… Plus many remaining transfer McLarens are through Ally (instate only for transfers).

Miller’s running a '20 720s Perf via Chase (no transfers) at that acq fee I think, at

347,550 MSRP. $3,699 PER MONTH FOR 36 MONTHS / 7500 TOTAL MILES FOR TERM LENGTH. $15,000 DOWNPAYMENT PLUS $1,450 ACQUISITION FEE, $495 DOC FEE & FIRST MONTHS PAYMENT.

Big f*ck me for ally, my dad was down for another 720s if I could have snagged that one. Miles are solid too. Tho 6k did seem strange to me. And Texas only transfer.

1 Like

Time to expand to Texas :eyes:, easy tax write off. TX holding LLC and wham.

You should go E85 right away. I did it without a tune even (well, E60) and noticed a big difference. It’s cheaper and makes way more power. It’s low hanging fruit if you’re trying to go faster.

Best time was a 10.17. Then summer happened and I quit. 0-60 went from 2.5 to 4.0. The M5’s do NOT like heat. Big part of the reason I want to get into something else before summer.

I’m out of my lease on that one, I’m looking at maybe a redeye and they are making 800 crank, with a pulley intake + tune I should be high 8s at the wheel, e85 maybe close to mid 9s. I could have snuck another 100 out of my build on e85 but the car would only allow 10.5 on 305s, the new widebody Charger is stock 11 on 305s, 345s and 12s would probably do the trick to put power down. Maior problem is putting power down with the rwd monsters.

1 Like

600 lt?

1 Like

You can get a GT luxe for round new for that via Chase but Chase has no transfers at all.

I saw gt’s at 2250 but that was pre-pandemic, even 1899 + 5k das.