Porsche 911 S/T Will Be 1 Year Lease To Deter Flippers

" Porsche had enough of these losers years ago though, so it baked a clause into 911 S/Ts’ sale contracts that aims to trip up resellers by ensuring they don’t receive legal ownership for at least a year after delivery."

Seems like the future of numbered Porsche cars.

8 Likes

Double dip with that 8% MF :eggplant:

5 Likes

I do like it, just the fact that they care enough to make an attempt, but people are just going to sell the rights to their allocation, order it as that person wants, lease the car, and put it in storage for a year. It will help, but flippers gonna flip.

5 Likes

Makes me wonder how bad of a lease this would need to be, to offset flip profit for a year.

I see this being much more effective on regular non-limited trims. People are flipping base 911’s still and I’d bet a required 1 year lease would steer many flippers away from lower trims.

these terms are acceptable, I’ll take an allocation please Porsche

1 Like

I don’t think a lot of clients will have the mental fortitude to be forced to “lease” a car. Most of our high end buyers just pay cash and being told they have to lease, pay juice on the lease, and keep it a year will be a turn off.

1 Like

I’ll take their 911 pls and thank you

2 Likes

That’s fantastic to hear. If they can’t “suffer” 1 year in a 911 or GT car, then they’re part of the problem with this ridiculous market.

I’m not saying it even needs to be some awful lease program. Make it 10% of the MSRP over a year with no interest, just to deter the people in it for an instant flip.

Crap like this is why it needs to happen. These cars must’ve been flat-bedded from the Porsche dealer straight to this one.

The same people would hold it for a year to flip. You need to make it cost prohibitive to where only people who actually want the car will take you up on it.

Coming economic turmoil will wreck 911 demand in due time

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t do what any smart business would do when demand outstrips supply. Just raise pricing…if they go too high can always just offer incentives to move them.

On GT cars, special editions and limited production, I agree. 1 year isn’t much of a deterrent as I was saying before. It would need to be a dreadful lease or insane price increase to deter flippers.

But there’s not as many people who will bag hold a 911 base, T or S for a year with the hopes of making profit.

I hope you’re right… but hard to forsee that right now

You realize wealthy people have more excess cash then ever before in history right? This is going to be a middle class depression. Sure it’ll affect the upper classes but they still have plenty to weather the storm and they’re not super leveraged like before. Inflation is good for the owners.

4 Likes

The flippers will just add their TCO to the resale price.

It will tighten everyone’s spending. A middle class depression would crush equities which means the rich get rekt

Sure but they have cash. And with that cash and high interest rates provides guaranteed returns.

100 mill at 5.5% is 5.5 mill a year without dipping into savings for example. If you don’t think high net worth people have been hedging for a crash the last few years then you’re very naive.

Considering there’s so much cash in the system on the sidelines that crash may never come. Everyone is waiting for housing to crash and equities. So they will be buying every single dip, making the next one less and less.

The only exception to this is some sort of global event. If that happens then it’s anyones guess and buying a Porsche will prob not be on anyones mind. But if history provides us any foresight then the elite always come out ahead. The wealthy that will be destroyed are the new money and self made businessmen/entrepreneurs.

I’m as bearish as anyone on the economy and this crash should have happened 15 years ago, if it did we wouldn’t be in this situation. I never thought they could get away with printing this much money. Never underestimate what tricks they have up their sleeves to paper over another crisis. They’re not talking about cbdc for nothing, they will convert the global financial system to it before letting go of their power. There’s still a lot of middle class wealth to be consolidated into their pockets, bank bail ins, 401k confiscation etc would all be on the table as well. Sold to us for the “greater good” just like they held us hostage in the last bailout via hank Paulson

Sorry to go off on a tangent but as far as Porsche sales go they’re not going anywhere, they might move from america to asia but there will always be buyers. As they create more money into the system, increasing inflation there will always be winners and losers. The new winners have proven to be more materialistic then ever, hence the boom in high end car sales over the last 3 decades.

Snoop Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

We leasing 911’s now?

3 Likes

How does it work for carfax, will it show two owners? leased owner then purchase owner?

Or just increase production so people that really want the cars would be able to get them. Waiting a year to flip for insane profit isn’t going to stop them.

Then Porsche wouldn’t be Porsche

1 Like

A tiny proportion of Americans have $100,000,000+

$10,000,000+ a different story but a lot of that worth will not be cash

1 Like