Pools Of Leasehackr... And just about anything else

+1 for pentair intelliflo

1 Like

Where do you live?
I work for a water company
We use pentair / hydrotech

Anytime I gotta process returns/warranty pentair is great to work with highly recommend

south florida.

oh yeah? mind if i pm you to pick your brain?

Happy to answer

Where don’t you work?

You’ve worked a lot of jobs like another famous man I’ve heard about :eyes::eyes:

You must know of him?

1 Like

sins wink GIF

1 Like

Heard this guy has a lot of “step” relationships . :wink:

1 Like

Someone has to blow you then?

3 Likes

God Damn!!

Shannon Sharpe Wow GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

I’ve got the Intelliflo, like it and much quieter than the Hayward it replaced. Easily controlled with the Pentair ScreenLogic and super easy to use and set-up if you have a spa with overflow. I have an AquaCal SQ225 for the heater (also seamless with the ScreenLogic); not sure the size of your pool, I’m roughly 19k gallons and the heater adds $300 a month (give or take) to my electric bill during winter months in South Florida.

1 Like

Not a pool owner (had a built-in above ground one at the house when I was a kid until we demolished it because my parents didnt want to mess with it anymore). But here is a silly question. What do people do to cool their pools in the summer? Here in NC, your average neighborhood pool is at most 5ft deep (for insurance reasons) and despite being relatively huge, by about the 4th of July, the water temp is in the high 80s. And the thought of jumping from a 95 degree humidity filled airmass into an 88 degree vessel of water is not appetizing.

Anyone have some geothermal pipes which run the pool water through a ground loop 10ft under the ground to cool the water?

1 Like

You can cool the water some by running a fountain or waterfall setup.

It does raise your ph a bit and may need an extra pump so it is another thing to keep an eye on but I find it helps

2 Likes
1 Like

Just got quote back from my pool guy he is asking 1975 installled for this motor…LH level deal or?

Believe I have the same one or something very similar, cost roughly the same. Quiet and much better than previous one, had it installed about 6 months ago.

Perfect with a pool/spa combo. Pool set at 2550 rpm and spa at 3000 rpm.

1 Like

Based on the retail on that pump that looks like a good price.

Contact the guys that run www.poolguysupply.com as they can sometimes get good prices on stuff like this from wholesalers as well. If it was several hundred cheaper maybe your guy could match it or put it in on labor alone.

You can install or replace the pump yourself as well as it isn’t very difficult.

1 Like

I have a quote of 1800$ after taxes and shipping. He is charging 200$ a labor plus any difference he can make.

1 Like

Is this a new install on a new pool or a replacement pump? $200 isn’t bad for labor but you can install it yourself (especially if a replacement) in an hour or less.

That’s a good price for a high end setup. If it’s in your budget, jump on that. But you can definitely find a cheaper new pump. You could also probably find a used pump on fb marketplace for like $300. My pump sits outside, it will be new for like 30 seconds. I know a few places that also rebuild pumps, if you just want to get the old one working again.

1 Like

Greetings all,

First time pool owner who is completing construction of a money pit. Wondering if you guys can chime in on my equipment selections before I take the plunge. Pool is 15 x 40 with an elevated spa. Max depth is 4’ 11”. Really interested in determining whether I have chosen the correct automation device. Still need to select a vacuum.

Here’s my list:

Cheers and thanks

1 Like