Pools Of Leasehackr... And just about anything else

I will never recommend a Jandy heater and the JXI400N is a time bomb. Mine lasted 1 season and then the heat exchanger failed. Jandy did not honor the warranty. Had to replace on my dime. If you read the reviews on this heater… you shall see a pattern; https://www.amazon.com/Jandy-Low-NOx-Natural-Swimming-Heater/dp/B00OZWY0CS/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8#customerReviews

2 Likes

Thank you.

Open to suggestions for an alternative natural gas unit with 399k BTUs.

I replaced the Jandy with a Hayward. It’s not fancy, but it gets the job done, and has been reliable.

I’ve heard good things about Pentair and Aquacal, they are higher end, no direct experience.

2 Likes

I’m all Pentair except the heater. Have an AquaCal SQ225 (it’s electric, not natural gas, but I installed when I bought my house 3 years ago and so far pleased). Also have the Pentair salt system, supposedly these only last 2-3 years, so it’ll prob have to be replaced soon.

Also have the Pentair ScreenLogic for automation, here’s a screenshot, interface is great and can use remotely too (I.E. if you want to heat the spa on your way back from somewhere) it’s really fantastic bc as I looked at it, just noticed I need salt. I’d recommend all of this equipment.

4 Likes

Any pool builder recc’s ? Located in the NJ area.

Looking for them to handle to whole build. Architect/permits/electrical/plumbing/pavers etc.

Opening 2025 season?

Just switched to the Trouble Free Pool methodology this year and am immensely happy. I would encourage anyone with a pool to spend some time on that site and utilize their resources.

1 Like

If the turnaround time is that quick then definitely.

1 Like

Need an automatic icer of some kind a few days a year.

3 Likes

A chiller… first world problems, the kids complain the pool is too warm.

3 Likes

Fountain or water features FTW.

1 Like

Not helping my man

4 Likes

Take it next level:

1 Like

Who cares about ROI? That’s legit.

Imma going to get one of these to power it:

https://www.westinghousenuclear.com/energy-systems/evinci-microreactor

3 Likes

Looks like the neighbor is trying to pass you up with his pool…better look out :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

With the proper heated water diversion that could make a bomb temporary hot tub.

3 Likes

Your filter system is larger than that guys pool lol. :prince:

Not knocking it - any pool is better than nothing. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I love this pool each time I see it - definitely my style.

Dumb question…do the rock ever have to be scrubbed/chemical washed? I would assume as long as the pool water is maintained that it would stay fairly clean.

2 Likes

Not a dumb question at all. So basically you can get a white and almost chalky residue on those rocks on the waterfall and at the water level of the pool (and on the tile) from three different sources:

1. Mineralization in hard water

2. Having the pH balance off in the pool

3. The inert suspension materials in large chlorine tablets

Using chorine tablets sparingly as opposed to liquid chlorine helps but it’s difficult. Keeping the pH correct for the pool water is pretty easy. The mineralization in hard water can be tough because your pool is generally fed water outside of any hard water control system.

We keep all three sources under control to the extent we can. For the inevitable buildup, we have a guy that comes every few years (if needed) with a plastic shot blasting rig to hit those areas and the tile when the water is taken down about a foot. This works very well and the plastic shot beads are vacuumed up off the bottom before the pump turns on again.

Works pretty well!

1 Like