Pools Of Leasehackr... And just about anything else

Summer vacation starting around most of the country.

2 Likes

I Do What I Want GIF by hero0fwar

2 Likes

You and big tuna not relayed in any way right?

1 Like

I wish.

1 Like

So biggie doesn’t recognize paternity?

4 Likes

Happy Maury Povich GIF

5 Likes

That’s his son Adonis

2 Likes

SO need help with two topics on pool

1: So my pool guy just said that my pool pump is on last leg, it has tripped many times already. He highly suggest to get a new pump. He is suggesting Pentair Intelliflo.
2. I recently got Solar and now i am planning to install electric pool heater any recomendation for that as well any experience.
If it helps i am in Socal.

Thanks
V

What’s the pump doing that they’re saying this?

Its tripping a lot and really old pump, didnt asked the details why its on last leg.

Have you considered that maybe it’s the fuse?

Replace a fuse first, and if it keeps doing it then it’s the pump. If it’s this, then yeah a variable speed is your jam.

15 Likes

I like your floatie.

4 Likes

I’ll be your floatie.

3 Likes

Don’t let @zaimer see it

2 Likes

Love the pool AND the floatie. :joy:

Animal style & a tall Paloma. Find me under that waterfall. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I went with Pentair Superflo variable speed because I got a smoking deal on it and it has been great.

As far as heat pumps go, I have a Raypak. So far, it has been good. It’s 7 years old and still works great. If you’re in Southern CA it will probably be even better for you since you don’t get cold like Indiana.

2 Likes

I am running a Hayward Superpump VS700 with a 12K gallon pool. It’s a variable speed pump and I’ve built a custom 6 step program to control the pump rpm and water turnover rate based on time of day. Pentair and Hayward are probably the most common pool equipment providers. You can’t really go wrong either one. I would avoid Jandy, I’ve had warranty problems with them (heater). There are some newer pool equipment companies some love to recommend but I have no direct experience. Biggest thing is to make sure your installer knows how to program it, I’ve seen too many variable speed pumps running on a single speed program.

2 Likes

We have 2 variable speed Pentair Intelliflo pumps (one for the pool, one for the waterfall) and 1 single speed for the pressure side dedicated pump.

Make sure you get (or upgrade to) something like a Pentair EasyTouch control panel (w/ remote) so you can program the shit out of everything - pumps, heater, lights, sweep, low voltage, etc.

i know absolutely nothing about pools or pool equipment but i have been researching water filtration for the house. to a man, everyone recommends pentair products. apparently they’re the gold standard when it comes to water filtration and pumps.

1 Like