Pools Of Leasehackr... And just about anything else

Pools do be nice. But personally I would never get one because I don’t see myself utilizing and enjoying it enough to be worth the ROI. Different culture and upbringing plays a big role as well.

I’ll just go free load someone else’s :slight_smile:

Green grass is cheaper than a clear pool

In SoCal, green grass all year round is my fairytale dream

4 Likes

Turf? I know it is stupid expensive though

1 Like

Surely this must be the most discretionary of discretionary spending, and the first to evaporate when an economy slows.

Well, maybe I’ll be able to replace our DE filter cheaper and maybe even do a small scale remodel if that does happen. :sunglasses:

Just installed new water fountain powered by thunderstorm!!

3 Likes

The best part is that the water is free.

1 Like

How do you guys afford pools after all these GT4s and hydrogen cars?

2 Likes

This thread is like an episode of Cribs… Or LH Ballrs.

3 Likes

No kidding. I wonder if most of these guys are hiring.

What I lack in competence I make up for in ignorance!

2 Likes

I’ve neither of those. :pinched_fingers:

This year I cleaned my chlorinator during startup, using a 5:1 muriatic acid solution, which I’ve never done before, and now it’s like super powered. Normally I operate it at 20%, but I was getting chlorine levels in the 5 to 6ppm range. To adjust I used Thio-trine and then turned it all the way down to 5%, and now I’m sustaining levels around 1 to 2ppm. Curious as to others chlorinator levels…

3 Likes

Have this monster in my backyard, this is what a 21 year old liner looks like that literally never sprung a leak. Usually they last around 10 years, the old owner put it in was definately quality but time to change it.

Grew up with above ground pools and even at my old house had one, so very familiar with maintenance. Inground is a different breed. Pool service companies in North NJ all suck, I’ve never seen such a bunch of inexperienced techs. Doing it all myself, just rebuilt a large DE filter and installed a Circupool Salt Water Generator. Night and day vs having to add liquid chlorine daily, highly recommended and easy to DIY.

3 Likes

Which model Circupool Salt Water Generator did you go with? About ready to pull the trigger on the RJ45.

I did the RJ-60. With swg, you should always try and go double the actual size/gallons of your pool so it doesn’t have to work as hard and the cell lasts much longer. My pool is like 35k gallons so this one is rated at 60k gallons.

Also don’t buy from circupool directly, get it from their authorized vendor, discount salt pool, they have a promo where you pay for the size below the one you want and get upgraded for free or $10 to a larger size. Check it:

https://www.discountsaltpool.com/best-salt-system-sales-rebates-deals-and-promotions

2 Likes

Got our shades up. :beach_umbrella:

Low budget but the whole backyard needs a re-do after this swim season.

4 Likes

Danny Wang Designs does some cool work.

1 Like

Can I In Love GIF by RNSM

2 Likes

Shouldn’t you be in school?

1 Like