Pools Of Leasehackr... And just about anything else

We were actually planning to fill in our pool, but when the pandemic hit, we ended up using it every day. It started out as a salt water pool which is supposed to be lower maintenance, but the trade off is that you have soak everything in acid to get all the salt deposits off. After about six years, and a new heater and couple of chlorinators due to salt deposits, we just switched to manual chlorination, which is just checking and adding chlorine once or twice a week

5 Likes

Must be nice to have an extra $300.

1 Like

Ditto

5 Likes

Did mine last weekend… This was only a few hours after opening.

4 Likes

5 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

poolhackr…

5 Likes

1 Like

Clearly suffering from dehydration. Get the lady some water!

1 Like

Do you guys service your own pools or have weekly pool service?

DIY.

Pressure-side sweep on a dedicated pump and self-test water every few days for chemicals. Use the free test at Leslie’s every few weeks for the harder stuff to detect.

Keep your pH right and chlorine where it needs to be and you are 90% there. Easy stuff.

4 Likes

I have been taking care of mine for years. It’s actually very easy I got tired of paying services that never showed up. Changed it over to salt water, installed the salt water system myself. Buy a robot pool cleaner and do yourself a favor and buy one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Remington-Solar-Chlorine-Free-Shock-Purifier/dp/B00IIXKL6O

I know it seems like bullshit. I’ve had one for two years now it allows me to have barely any chlorine in the pool and I never have to brush it. I keep my chlorine at about .5-1 PPM and that’s in South Florida where things love to grow in the water.

I actually had my pump go out during the pandemic when I could not get a replacement due to supply constraints. All I had in the water was that thing, and it kept my pool pristine for 10 days.

Ion top of that I haven’t shocked my pool once since I got it.That little thing is a miracle. I tell everyone I know about it.

4 Likes

Let the games begin!

9 Likes

Sonny Crockett called… he wants his boat and his woman back.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Those lounge chairs look like they’ve been computer generated for a real estate listing

10 Likes

They are legit just a great photographer. :grinning: they now have bird shit on them.

1 Like

I know this is a pool thread but I’m just jealous of how green your grass is

2 Likes

Gotta be a filter on this

Unless my eyes are :poop:

I stand by the chairs being virtual staging

1 Like

Very strange in NJ. Looking at real estate there and most of the multi million dollar homes don’t have pools. Never understood why. The realtor said residents prefer community pools there which is so weird in my opinion. Here on LI, almost every house in my neighborhood has a pool

Two to three years ago when my parents inquired about putting in a small dipping pool in their home in FL in Naples, they were being quoted $100k+

1 Like