Pools Of Leasehackr... And just about anything else

Let the games begin!

9 Likes

Sonny Crockett called… he wants his boat and his woman back.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Those lounge chairs look like they’ve been computer generated for a real estate listing

10 Likes

They are legit just a great photographer. :grinning: they now have bird shit on them.

1 Like

I know this is a pool thread but I’m just jealous of how green your grass is

2 Likes

Gotta be a filter on this

Unless my eyes are :poop:

I stand by the chairs being virtual staging

1 Like

Very strange in NJ. Looking at real estate there and most of the multi million dollar homes don’t have pools. Never understood why. The realtor said residents prefer community pools there which is so weird in my opinion. Here on LI, almost every house in my neighborhood has a pool

Two to three years ago when my parents inquired about putting in a small dipping pool in their home in FL in Naples, they were being quoted $100k+

1 Like

We lived in south jersey on 20 acres so def a different vibe. Pools are very buyer dependent in real estate. Many people don’t want to deal with the maintence. They’re an asset in the south. In the north they seem to be a liability in many areas.

I get it. My wife and I met (many years ago!) at a condo/community pool on a lake in south Florida. It was a mix of snowbirds and year round residents and it was a lot of fun hanging out at that pool. In fact when we went looking for our house we specified we wanted both a community pool and our own pool. The realtor was like, huh? We wanted to recreate that communal feeling. Ended up we were about the only people that used the community pool. lol

1 Like

What salt water systems are you guys using or recommend? About ready to get one.

The economics behind pool ownership in the NE has changed dramatically over the past 5 years. A pool that cost $35K before COVID is now $75K. Pool installers are booked out multiple seasons in advance, if you can even find one still excepting new customers. I think it’s fair to say that demand can vary by location, for example, if you own a home near the NJ shore, a pool is a very marketable asset.

Where I grew up, in Northern NJ, it was all about the community pool or swim club. But many (most) of these facilities are getting shut down now, from under funding, and lack of maintenance. This is furthering the demand for private pool ownership.

For salt chlorination, I am running a Hayward Aquarite 900 Series controller with a Hayward Turbocell 925.

4 Likes

Property taxes and bills are much higher up in the NE as well. In addition to the 4 seasons we have up here.

9 Likes

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

We are talking about pools…

Putting one in now. The cost keeps adding up but should bring years of enjoyment.

8 Likes

It will be interesting to see that when it’s done. At my next house I want to DIY a pool - should be a fun project.

For anyone interested, I have been following Mike Patey’s pool build on Youtube. 3 story scuba pool with a floor that moves up and down to convert between deep dive pool and normal pool (oh yeah, and it’s attached to his house since they denied him a permit to build one in his backyard).

4 Likes

This seems reasonable.

3 Likes

That’s solid for 24 hours.

I didn’t clean the leaves out before closing and they’re all particles now. 4 backwashes later on my DE filter. It’s still not clean.

I need to buy a Dolphin.

I bet it never gets lowered to full depth after the first few times.