Polestar EV Announced

Dunno. Volvos are not for racing :slight_smile:

I actually have heard you can get a ton of power out of a PV544

Depends how you count…the X is bigger and faster…top trim much faster. One the other hand, this is cheaper…or will be…that 200 mile range has to be a mistake!

Introducing the Polestar Precept:

GIMME GIMME

2 Likes

That is one good looking volvo

1 Like

Somehow I missed entirely another Tesla-killer.
This one though might have teeth - it will put my love for both Tesla and Volvo to a real test.

The Polestar 1 (Hybrid) and Polestar 2 (EV) should be delivering this year. As mentioned I saw them last summer when they were on tour. The Precept is a sex machine. Would smooch.

Will just stick it here:
# 2021 V60 Recharge Plug-In Hybrid T8 Polestar

And I know the place where to get one :slight_smile:
1 Like

I think Polestar does these bizarre radio ads in the NYC area with the catchphrase “We saved a seat for you”… Sounds like an an app for a bus or something

Volvo messed thing up with new naming now. “Recharge” is supposed to be all electric (XC40 Recharge EV), yet they name V60 hybrid Recharge. Then T8 and T8 Polestar and the “separate” brand Polestar 1 and 2 EV.

naming wise, it’s still better than Toyota’s “self charging” turds :face_vomiting:

Not even talking about names, just how their lineup is all mixed up.

1 Like

Polestar 1: The World’s Most Beautiful Hybrid Car Has Arrived https://www.wsj.com/articles/polestar-1-the-worlds-most-beautiful-hybrid-car-has-arrived-11602788805

2 Likes

Polestar 3 to be assembled in US to capture potential tax incentives: Polestar 3 Teased With US Production Promise For New Electric SUV - SlashGear

2 Likes

I was just about to post the same lol

1 Like

The more I see P* cars in the wild, the more I like the design language.

True. My first impression was like “is it a hatch? is it an SUV?”. But now I’d take it :slight_smile:

So they’re going to build it at the S60 plant… Interesting.

1 Like

Volvo-Backed Polestar Is in SPAC Merger Talks With Gores Guggenheim

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-08/volvo-backed-polestar-said-in-gores-guggenheim-spac-merger-talks

1 Like

Did not see this exit coming