Polestar 2 Preconfigured Lease Deals

Thank you! I could not find this link on the CCFR site, and they are only listing the current (up to) $1,500 rebate - Eligible Electric Cars | California Clean Fuel Reward.

There is also a personal property tax on cars in VA

Yes.
It was a joke about VA winning (explaining just for you and the other guy).

2 Likes

When I check out on the Polestar order page: “The Estimated payment excludes taxes, title, other fees and Polestar Retailer fees, and will vary based on the final total price and terms agreed to by you and your Polestar Retailer.“

Seems like Polestar is doing their best to emulate the Tesla shopping experience with nice galleries (“Spaces”) and online ordering, but the cars are still officially sold through dealerships – which they try to divert attention from (no dedicated dealer webpages, home test drives, and vehicle delivery).

Funnily enough, the Polestar Los Angeles “Space” went from a premium retail storefront on 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica to an address shared with a Van Nuys Volvo dealership near a Budweiser plant.

6 Likes

For me, “total price” is the key words. It will differ, obviously ($175 at Manhattan space vs. $500 at Princeton, NJ dealer fee, for example). Polestar is still Volvo, sure, they have a long way to go and may never even get there. Their dealers will sell all kinds of extras and pad DAS, but at least the selling at MSRP should be the same. Otherwise Polestar risks turning online shopping concept into a regular one.
Buying Polestar now is even trickier than buying a Volvo - you leave a deposit and then go to the “space” to finalize with zero information about final numbers :grin:

3 Likes

Sounds like Galpin took it over, which isn’t that surprising, since they have a bunch of niche dealers there. That dealership is very nice. It’s even got its own Starbucks that they’ll often comp you while you shop.

2 Likes

Right - which is why me saying I sell MSRP polestars does actually provide a service. Again - selling for MSRP is completely useless when you throw in a lot of additional bs. My deals avoid that.

@michael polestar retailers are owned by certain volvo dealers.

3 Likes

That’s not what you said that started this conversation.

Just sharing my experience with LA here. I cannot speak for Polestar in other regions. But I never once visited the space or the dealership. My test drives (did it twice) came to me. I ordered the car online. Completed the credit app online. I did text with and speak to people from the dealership, but at no point was I offered extras, add-ons, etc. There was no “go finish up with the finance manager” step. When the car was delivered I signed the paperwork and took the car. Really not all that different from Tesla, but honestly better because they came to me every time.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing, this is what I’d expect. And pretty sure the selling price on your contract matches what you had on-line.

$67K but less car than model 3 performance for the same price :joy:

2 Likes

This is a forum about leasing. Model 3 leases worse than Polestar.

3 Likes

My 67K Polestar leases for much less than a $49,900 Model 3 Long Range, let alone the Performance.

As everyone on this site knows - it’s not about what it costs. It’s what you pay that matters.

7 Likes

I reached out to polestar – Pricing is easy peasy – extremely upfront about pricing – Not sure how a broker provides value for this

1 Like

We may find out if @aronchi can answer my question above. He says his pricing is better than the website provides.

how were you priced and on what msrp car?

lets just say I had the calculator ready – the rep matched to the tee what I had – no games

1 Like

but that’s not what happens when you go to the retailer.

Read the OP’s post above - you don’t need to go to the retailer for Polestar.

5 Likes

I get the emotion. I also get better range at a lower cost with my Model 3 than with the Polestar. But nice deal just the same.

1 Like