Polestar 2 Leasing

Has anyone even attempted this at all? I may try to shoot my shot seeing that their residual and MF are extremely low. The federal incentive should stack as well.

MSD: Apparently None
MF: .00013
Residual: 63%

Cant find any incentives besides the federal. Being in NJ, no additional that im aware of.

1 Like

The lease pricing is right on the Polestar website, I’m not aware of any discounting or negotiating that is possible. From what I see the prices on the closest equivalents (xc60 T8 inscription, or s60 T8 inscription) are still cheaper looking at the marketplace, but much closer than it used to be.

For reference, I see $0 down + inceptions for 39mo/10k to be $628/mo. Not a great deal by historical measures, but in today’s market if I needed a lease this month I’d consider it since I put a premium on having a BEV.

1 Like

What you see is what you get with these

1 Like

I have not been able to find their inventory anywhere without contacting them. I’m curious how many cars they are sitting on because of the P* sales model.

@fredyge94, isn’t MCM a Polestar dealer, do you guys have any on the floor?

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

I thought these were ordered only

1 Like

Strange thing is I always see a May 2021 delivery estimate no matter what colors/options I configure. I don’t know if the estimate is not based on specific options, or somehow they have every permutation in stock. (likely the former)

1 Like

I know they have floor models and test drive units. My buddy just drove one yesterday. Hardware looks very similar to Volvo ngl. Looks like the infotainment is indeed different

3 Likes

That is my guess: there is some inventory stacked at the ports, but I haven’t gotten confirmation yet. I’m more interested in how much…

Waiting for Polestar to start some incentives to scratch your V60 polestar itch? It’s not nearly as pretty as a V60 but if they had A-plan on a Polestar 2 I might jump since I’ll need another car before fall.

3 Likes

Cool snap, wonder who you got it from… :wink:

But yes, the Volvo vibes were strong indeed with the Polestar! However, the infotainment and HMI is Android, not Sensus-based.

PJ

2 Likes

It’s psoriasis at this point, especially since it may never be scratchable again.

I stop thinking about it, then someone posts something like this, and I think “why wouldn’t Volvo want my XC60 and someone driving a P2 parked at the port (likely for a while)?

But it’s not the same.

1 Like

Not like you’re active on LH anymore :wink:.

Yeah it’s nice, I got a preview of it when the Polestar tour was going on. Someone on Youtube actually got it working in their Sensus head unit in an older Volvo (not an experiment I care to reproduce)

1 Like

Just because you don’t see me doesn’t mean I’m not here… :ghost:

PJ

So much smoother than Sensus… and it’d better be, given the effort that their competition (Tesla :eyes:) has put into their interfaces. I appreciate the integration of actual buttons into the system as well.

PJ

1 Like

Agree: GM and Tesla are on opposite extremes (buttons for everything → nothing), I really appreciate the balance Volvo has struck.

2 Likes

I feel the exact same lmao. Figured I might be able to get some positive equity from a S60 T6 trade in depending on the P2 price. Doesnt make much sense for anything about double my S60 price since working from home.

1 Like

Need the TSLA shorts with the drones from a few years back to go search for P2s.

The pricing just isnt as competitive as I thought. The E-Tron deals from last month were insane, TSLA pricing is very similar, and you can get other EVs with a more reliable network for potentially less.

Its tough with these established “dealer” networks that are driven by the base companies.

1 Like