Polestar 2 Leasing

Everybody forgets that it is technically not Volvo (though it is), so no a-plan.

Understand that, but if there is excess inventory Volvo could decide to introduce A-plan to help move it without disrupting their online@msrp price model. Obviously this is wishful thinking on my part, but fixed-price models arenā€™t immune to supply&demand.

1 Like

Without the A Plan mechanics. ā€œCurrent Volvo lesees get 5% off MSRPā€ and unless Iā€™m upside down, take me out of it and sell it to a Volvo dealer who can cpo it.

1 Like

The pricing isnā€™t bad compared to what the general population is likely getting on similar cars. For hackers of course itā€™s not good, but the overall market is pushing deals closer to where the P2 is sitting.

Anyone who wants a Tesla isnā€™t going to be swayed by the P2ā€™s pricing, but thereā€™s enough people who want a non-Tesla EV where I would think Polestar could find some buyers. Maybe Polestar is just satisfied with primarily European sales and doesnā€™t feel the need to move cars in the US yet?

3 Likes

That (~$3k) would also be good, but I think the A-plan could attract new corporate employees who wouldnā€™t have considered (or even heard of) a Polestar.

Yea makes a lot of sense. The brain of a Hacker makes it difficult, looks like Ill ride out the S60 until Volvo makes the EV version anyway haha.

$10,000 negative equity and countingā€¦less than 15,000 miles on my T6 inscription, buyout is $37,000, and I think my last quote was circa $27,000. I periodically check out of curiosity.

Did you check gmtv. Youā€™re offer is lower than my S60 t5 offer. Surprising.

Nope. Not really interested in selling it. Thereā€™s nothing else I can get thatā€™s comparable right now, anyway. Itā€™s also my only car, so Iā€™ll likely ride it out. Iā€™m down to 11 or 12 payments left anyway.

1 Like

Again - they are two separate companies/brands, so Volvo cannot introduce anything. But Polestar can.

Really? My buyout is low 33,xxx. Trade in right now is about 30-32k, with some places offering higher trade in values.

I just checked GMTV: negative on my xc60, which doesnā€™t surprise me.

GMTV is way lower than what I got from Carvana/Vroom/Rodo

Yup.

Hmmm, Vroom was significantly higher than Carvana but still seriously underwater.

Mmm strange, could be the residual for the month that you got it in?

My payments are only 299 a month, and my residual was 51% i think?

Also my MSRP on the car was 49k, didnt get bowers or advanced.

Referring to Volvo/Geely the corporation, not Volvo the brand. Just like how when I log into my corporate discounts page I see BMW/Mini on the same site.

They were all negative too a couple weeks ago.

$51,000 MSRP
10% off
MF: 0.00082
Residual: 58%
$5,000 in incentives
T6 Inscription

$445 per month for 12k, including NY tax, with $680 at signing.

Numbers have been changing so much I realized. Especially with all this chip news going around, possibly be the reason why its fluctuating so much. Idek anymore lmao.

I have no idea why your buyout is almost 4k more than mine haha, thats crazy when you think about it.

Love the car though, its a great drive, too bad transfers arent allowed. I would love to get into something faster.