Polestar 1 & 2 Electric Vehicles

Yeah if they want to go ahead and pass through that credit on leases so I can get one, that’d be swell

$155K for a plug-in hybrid Volvo s90 coupe? Pass.

Edit: 619 HP changes things a bit but still…

Love the targa! Great color too.

Who’s the nerd that drove their 85 Saab 900 to that event?

Are they a) A college professor w elbow patches or b) a hipster from Brooklyn?

1 Like

Why does it have exhaust pipes? :unamused:

1 Like

To fit in and look cool. Or maybe they just forgot to remove them lol

The Polestar 1 has an internal combustion engine in addition to the electric powertrain.

2 Likes

What is the point of this body style?

Neither the sleekness/lower COG of a sedan-based Sportback nor the utility of a CUV

It’s the worst of both worlds.

2 Likes

I have to agree. Reminds me of $250/mo vhooloo’s S60CC that no one wanted

2 Likes

It’s everything desirable about the Volt without the rear bucket seats (which isn’t for everyone). Basically an S60CC. Not what I would have designed but it looks good in person and it’s as comfortable as any Volvo I’ve been in.

It’s also IMO the least ugly of the two in this photograph by miles.

1 Like

To win over hardcore AMC Eagle fans

Seriously though, the V60 Polestar is so much more practical and better looking.

2 Likes

Grab one of the two remaining V60s in the US before they’re gone. The P2 will be gettable in the next year, not so much the V60.

1 Like

Haha, yeah we both tried. I could have had one for MSRP in May and again in June. I liked it, but not that much :grin:

Less almost 12k incentives was worth it at MSRP IMO. At least you had the option to get one.

I suspect the P2 will be next for me. And while I agree a PHEV is more practical, with Volvo’s product direction I don’t think they’ll be around much longer.

Actually was just talking about the wagon utility/looks/handling over this lifted hatch. I like everything else about the Polestar 2.

I suspect it will not. It’s made in China :smirk:

2 Likes

Plenty of Geely models were initially only assembled in China; many (most?) haven’t been imported to the US for over a year. Check back in summer 2021 to see if that smirk holds up.

1 Like

Are you saying they will be assembled outside of China or that you will take a Chinese made? :smirk: :smile:

The former. I’m done feeding the bears today, you’ll have to find something else to be right about.

Of course, this is just one guy’s opinion, but a pretty detailed take at the very least.

1 Like

Did any one get a quote on it offline ?