Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 3

Well the explorer I’m looking at would be ST and I had high hopes for a Durango SRT. That is also about the price I’m getting for a fully loaded GC Limited, but I might be missing something.

My wife would also never go for a finance since she has a set budget in her head already.

That you will for sure need to avoid the explorer ST and go for a GC or GCL.

700-750 for a dodge or jeep is wild. is that price including taxes?

IDK maybe? I must be doing the calculator wrong then. I would use whatever equity is in my current lease to offset the taxes some.

did you get numbers for the car you’re looking for in specifc?

Ya, AutoCompanion quoted me on a GCL Limited with all the options $753/mo with $4900 DAS. That doesn’t seem right to me. I noticed they weren’t using Ccap incentivized rates, maybe that’s why.

Doesn’t matter what you’re looking at if it doesn’t fit your budget.

A Limited is, by definition, not fully loaded. It’s only about halfway up the trim ladder. In any case why would anyone pay that much for it?

Are you asking why would anyone would pay that much for it because the payment is bad or because it’s just not worth that much? I guess I’m confused on what you’re saying.

EDIT: Also, sorry, by fully loaded I just meant all the options a limited can come with.

almost 900 effective for a jeep is wild.

Sorry, Im so confused, just this specific deal is wild or in general leasing a GCL is wild?

Just curious if there are any good deals on existing inventory leases (or new builds) for the i4 M50? Assuming not, but not sure. Thanks!

I’d be surprised if there’s any inventory, unless it’s an abandoned order. I have a wait list of at least 10 people in most places.

Hard to find car, have only had one get left behind and it had another buyer within 4 hours.

We could do a locate but it’s going to be straight list.

I’m in Ohio also and just used @AutoNinjas to get a GCL Limited for my wife for under $500/mo, $0 DAS. Could have flown down to pick it up but opted to have it shipped. You have plenty of options.

How was the process? Also, how much was shipping and how long did it take, did you order it?

$47/month Cruze LT and Malibu LT deals.

1 Like

There seem to be some misconceptions around what leasing is and who benefits from leasing.

The people who benefited most from leasing were those who were going to drive BMWs, Mercedes, etc anyway and found leasing as a way to lower their TCO (total cost of ownership).

They could do so because they had the cash to put down MSD, had loyalty from prior ownership, or had corp/fleet from working at a select list of companies, knew about OL codes and had bought CCA membership, etc etc.

Leasing also benefited people who wanted … let’s call them toys for lack of a better word and again had the financial security to easily afford the overlapping monthly payments and insurance coverage on those extra cars. People who could pick up a Camaro V8 on a whim, an extra Mini to toss around, maybe even a Jaguar F-type.

What does a budget mean? Keeping a cap on expenses not just now but in the long run? Finding ways to build savings? That’s not what leasing does. A budget does not mean making auto payments every month until you drop dead.

3 Likes

Basically she doesn’t want the car payment to be any more than $xxx per month. Doesn’t matter if I lease or finance, she doesn’t want it to exceed that. Leasing just seems to be the better option because it allows a more expensive car for less money per month.

This is always not the case…

2 Likes

If there are no incentives and RV is at 50%, then no, it isn’t a lower payment.
You need to find a car that has a good RV and some incentives if you are going to shop that way.