Please help with 3 row SUV

Any reason why you wouldn’t consider a 2017 Traverse, 2LT or Premier? You’d probably do much better on one of those than a 2018. I’m guessing FWD would be OK in Florida too, right?

Thanks, my husband doesn’t like the look of the 2017 traverse. Unfortunately :(.

That’s high.

VW - you will not get good deals, those vehicles are in high demand.

I just went through trying to get 2018 Traverse and gave up. Going Highlander route. New Traverses are in high demand as well, getting exactly what you want will likely cause you more upgrades or more expensive trim level. Dealers have to find what you want from others dealers, causing cost to go up.

What about the Acadia, Acadia Limited or Enclave?

We are having the same issue with the Traverse. My husband only wants specific color combinations and options and we are either finding the highest trims or nothing. We should look at the Highlander.

The Acadia and Enclave were a little too small in the 3rd row for my kids. We really were hoping to get a 3rd row car that fit everyone, yet it wasn’t a huge car like the suburban.

Acadia Limited is based on the old design, which was larger. Might be worth a look.

The 2018 Acadia Limited is based on the 2017 body style? I didn’t know that. I will have to take a look.

I think it’s just called the 2017 Limited, I don’t believe there’s a 2018 Limited. The Limited is basically just the leftover older body style with some upgraded trim.

I drove an Acadia and a Traverse as rental vehicles a week apart and the Acadia was noticeably smaller than the Traverse. I looked it up and was something close to a foot shorter.

Have you looked at a 2017 QX60? It would lease far cheaper than that Pathfinder, while being an uptrim version of it.

Thanks. We didn’t look at the QX60, but we did the Lexus and that was way too small. With all 3 rows there is no trunk. I will mention the QX60 to my husband but I am guessing he will say it isn’t “trucky” enough for him. I think he should just get a minivan like me :)!

With all three rows up, there is not much space in the back of any of these crossovers. The 3rd row of the QX60 is split folding which creates some more space and the 2nd row slides forward and backward to give more flexible seating configurations. Where I am located it is the 2nd most recognizable people hauler behind the Odyssey. However, if he wants something truck-y and needs lots of 3rd row space all the time, a minivan is a more flexible solution

I don’t blame him. I personally find it hideous.

Checked out the 2018 Traverse and the 2 have nothing in common. The new one looks like a truck and has a pretty sizable trunk with all 3 rows up. Biggest I’ve seen in it’s class. We’ve got one year left on our Equinox and then gonna get the Traverse. Same problem as you though that you have to spend like $50k to get some of the options we want. Probably just end up sacrificing things we don’t actually need.

Besides Highlander (which there are way better selection of for 2017 and their residual is better than GM = lower lease payment), check out Honda Pilot. Aside from 18 Traverse, you will not find better 3rd row with actual cargo space behind seats.

So I think we have narrowed it down between the 2018 Atlas and 2018 Traverse. Anyone have any pros or cons to either car? Putting price aside my husband can’t decide. I am hoping someone here has some insight or suggestions for either car…

I did a long test drive on the traverse I loved it it’s an amazing vehicle but the engine has its quirks and I think they will be recalls on it and they’re not budging on price-I never drove an atlas but I just rented a Chrysler Pacifica Until I can decide on the lease and it’s awesome but no four-wheel-drive or ground clearance
I just listed some Massachusetts sign and drive Volkswagen deals that I got emailed
The atlas was zero down sign and drive no first payment I believe for an S model not sure what that is

As a side note- I have had 3 odysseys, 2 Sienna’s and now I have a Pacifica- best car ever!!

1 Like

I’m in Austin Texas and I’ve seen the following after shopping around. I feel pretty good about the #'s but I might need to go up a trim level to keep the wife happy! Don’t need to make a move untill the end of the month and I hope to see better #'s by then. What are you guys seeing?

36 months
Highest Credit
$0 down
S Trim Level

Tiguan - $249
Atlas - $359

So far I’ve test drofve the 2018 traverse five days Tahoe 4 days- I rented a minivan but they gave me a land rover evoke convertible then they gave me the minivan Pacifica
Test drove a Ford expedition 2017 XLT for 20 minutes and as far as four wheel drive(I need)comfort I love the expedition! Sadly I can’t afford it the leasing is retarded and I’m quoted 800 a month zero down not going to happen
So if I didn’t need it I’d be driving a Pacifica hands-down traverse pretty awesome !