Picking up my new Mercedes c43 amg tomorrow

Your sale price includes a $2k rebate according to your first post does it not? So in order to represent the figures accurately I have split it out. You will see a taxable incentive of $2k below to account for the increased sale price.

$0 acquisition fee will mean they have rolled it into the lease. The banks always charge this fee. The dealer would just have pay for it out of their profit which they would get by not discounting your car any further. Why would you roll the acquistion fee into the lease and pay interest on it?

@armen212 Hence why I said this is where he should be IMHO. My humble opinion says that he should have MSDs and Autopay selected. I am aware he did not in his original quote. If you can’t select autopay on a car this expensive you should not be leasing this car.

I plan to have auto pay.

And yes, this is not a good deal, but you never asked if it was, so credit to you. You had some very specific requirements and wanted the car quickly, when you are in that situation it is hard to drive and good deal. I hope you enjoy the car, just be prepared to want a C63 the moment you drive off the forecourt! :wink:

I really don’t need 500 hp for my daily driver lol plus the c63 isn’t 4matic and that’s very important to me.

1 Like

I would have got the new RS3 in that case :slight_smile:

yes exact same options msrp = 65,700

I originally wanted to get an audi a7 but it’s impossible to get a remote start on those and that’s a deal breaker for me.

A7 is like a boat, huge and wallowing in the corners. No fun at all. Unless you buy the stupidly overpriced RS7. C43 will be much more fun.

2 Likes

Are you calculating these numbers yourself or has the dealer actually given you clear, detailed numbers? Shouldn’t you have everything settled before heading to this non-local dealership?

The dealer gave me detailed numbers but with the residual figured off the selling price instead of the msrp. I’ll get that straightened out tomorrow when I go there in person. I’m assuming that was an honest mistake by the salesman…

Dude how can you say honest mistake by the salesman?

I’ll do what everyone else is tip toeing around. You’re getting fucking hosed on this lease, laughably so. If it’s a must have car then great, but don’t post the I just paid for the salesmans family to vacation in Italy deal.

2 Likes

Exactly how do you think I can do better?

Ed posted a great breakdown but you’re paying premium even at those numbers. Like I said if you have to have the car then great but don’t post a shitty deal. Tons of alternative cars at that price with great styling, performance etc.

There are a couple other cars at nearby dealers that have the options I want so I’m not going for nothing but I will leave with one of them.

Yes, and no other car met my specifications. I test drove bmws, audis, maseratis, etc… I’m aware this model doesn’t lease as good as others but it is what it is.

Just stand in the middle of the salesman circle jerk…

You seem to know so much, exactly what can I do better with THIS model?

I test drove a C43 AMG when recently car shopping. I think it was actually a better car than the Infiniti Q50 Red Sport that I ended up leasing, but it’s not nearly as good of a deal to lease. Here are the highlights of my experience:

• Red Sport has a better motor, making 400 hp with a twin turbocharged 6 cylinder
  • The AMG 43 sounds better (the Q50 is very much a muted exhaust sleeper performance sedan)
  • The AMG 43 has a much better dual clutch transmission vs the auto 8 speed in the Q50
  • Given all that, the cars are about evenly matched as far as straight line speed
  • While the interior of the Q50 is very nicely appointed, the interior of the AMG feels far more special.
  • The starting MSRPs are similar, but the AMG is much more bare bones. $55-57k will get you a fully optioned Q50 Red Sport, whereas you can get into the high 60s with the AMG.
  • I’m leasing the Red Sport for $365 per month… I consider the AMG the all around better car, but in the neighborhood of 10-20% better (that’s completely subjective). Ask yourself if it’s really paying nearly 3x the money vs one of the C43’s competitors. Test drive an Audi S4, BMW 340i, and Infiniti Q50 Red Sport before you pull the trigger. Understand there are a lot of great options in the class, and ask yourself what each is worth.

If you do all that and love the C43 enough to pull the trigger, cheers to you. Last piece of advice – push for a selling price near the very left of the TrueCar price distribution for your area.

Don’t let other rain on your parade, just understand the choice you’re making and enjoy it! Send us pictures once you’ve taken delivery!

2 Likes

I was looking for beverly hills then ask for them to match pricing, but you see how on the diagram you posted, you are paying ABOVE AVERAGE. you should be paying anywhere in the great-exceptional range as truecar takes a 400 cut on most referrals. Therefore they hike the pricing about 400

1 Like