Picking up my new Mercedes c43 amg tomorrow

Just curious. Once you get close to 65K, did you ever consider getting the C65 which starts at 65k?

1 Like

I mean c63 w/ 469HP over the c43. Once you are in the high 60’s you are there

Once you option out the C63 similarly to the C43, you’d probably be closer to $85k. At $85k, might as well get a [insert next vehicle here]…

And that’s what has me either waiting until December on this or getting the Macan S. Why the Macan? Great vehicle, AWD and similar pricing to what you were able to get

Or purchase or lease? I think the lease on the Macan S will be much higher than a C43.

Lease. I know ppl will say there’s no comparison but once you’re in the mid 60s there are other options to consider. You want AWD, you want over 340HP. You can put down under 1000 for the Macan S and be in the mid 700s.

Currently in a C400 and wanted more…

Why would you go with an SUV over a sedan or coupe for performance?

we consider crossovers SUVs in the same conversation when the c43 becomes mid 60s. You have to think about what else you can get for that money? When Porsche brought the Macan it made everyone reconsider what they are getting for their money

I can see that if you are shopping price. I just didn’t think the Macan was considered a performance vehicle in the same way and AMG coupe or sedan was. Everyone and their mother is buying crossovers now. Have you seen a lot of overlap or cross shopping going on when it comes to performance vehicles? Do people care if it sits higher as long as it has the horsepower?

it’s slightly higher depending on what you add. You can get 18 inch wheels or 20s. You may even resemble the estate c43 wagon. You can add exhaust as well. It’s been a huge debate with the rise of sport crossovers that give you the same feel if not better. Once the Macan was introduced it changed the game.

I paid 599 per month for my c400 with under 1000 out of pocket. With this new payments of 700 and 800 per month people will move to the Porsche brand. And once again they will match the specs. AWD, 340HP, etc

1 Like

Why is 340 some kinda magical number and why would everyone want AWD? IDK about you, but my AWD cars made me lazy/complacent about the single largest determinant of grip: my tires. I just ran AS tires all year long, instead of dedicated summers and winters like on my RWD cars.

It’s New York City. It’s lifestyle. When it’s snowing we want to know that we can go. Or that car will be sitting for a week by the time the plows come. And that’s just the potential of one storm. So AWD it is where I am.

But if its snowing, #1 you aren’t going very fast, #2 if you decide to go very fast you end up in a ditch #3 if you wanted something that could really handle good snow you’d get an suv. My .02

The one pertinent issue I encountered living in NYC is the lack of storage for a second set of tires. Otherwise every other issue you mention is solved by putting on winter tires on any drivetrain.

How do you think I’ll do this winter in an RC F with winter tires (assuming I don’t drive like an asshat)?

With a good set of winter tires (General Arctimax for instance) I think you’ll be just fine.

2 Likes

Please double-check the following lease factors with your quote.
Here are the national offer for MB C43 AMG

MSRP $ 52,925.00
Down payment $ 3,799.00
Selling price $ 50,631.00
Acquisition fee $ 795.00
Residual value $31,755.00 (60%)
Mileage 10,000.00 Miles
Money factor 0.00124
Lease term 36 Months
monthly payment $ 539.00 (without tax)

http://please-lease.com/search-result/?make=Mercedes-Benz&model=C-Class%20AMG%20C43&model_year=2017

Crazy down payment. Terrible monthly.

No i’d get a macan or a c43. I’d get something that gives you flexibility. have you ever seen a c63 in snow or ice? If you are in NYC it takes about 2 weeks before everything is clean. AWD is the key

Im not advocating the for the C63, I’d get an SUV. Personally, I like the Range Rover Sport, but that’s just me