Percentage Discount on BMW Loaner - With an Accident on the Carfax

Online buy sites like carvana?

Yeah, they donā€™t seem too concerned with the registered owner and provides an offer, until itā€™s actually time to do the transaction.

That made me LOL. They should advertise themselves as ā€œCSAASā€ (chop shop as-a-service) and get some more of that flammable VC money.

3 Likes

Carvana offer is $32,700.

1 Like

Bahahahahaha. Love it.

But if it were just a parking lot cracked bumper, wouldnt they have just fixed it and not reported it to Carfax?

I suppose maybe. Unless someone else backed into the car and they went after their insurance

I would also aim to get 25% off MSRP and best luckā€¦!

One technical question though:
MSRP: $59k
Selling price: ~$38.8k (25% off + $4.5k lease credit + $1k loyalty, even lower if you have OL code, new graduate, etc)
RV: ~$39.5k (67% assuming OP wants to do 24m/10k to maximizing the incentive per month)

So the selling price would be lower than the RV. Can those numbers pass BMW FS system?

You would still be paying for the interest for the whole car but technically, but BMW FS OWES you money cause the car will worth more in two years than the price BMW FS paid :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

No, it would be rejected. Good way to get ā€œfreeā€ enhanced maintenance or lease wear and tear though.

1 Like

I wonder how much auction would be on this car, I doubt less than $41k :thinking:

If carvana is giving 32.7 then I would assume auction would be around that number?

3 Likes

Have your used car mgr give an estimate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gran the popcorn, cant wait to see how this ends!!!

3 Likes

I suspect not as good as everyone expects. Theyā€™ll send it to auction if they can get more that way.

3 Likes

Avg 38,3 low grade 37,2

1 Like

Good way to put it. Itā€™s a game of chicken, who blinks first?!

Quick update. I heard back from the dealer last night and they said they couldnā€™t come close to $41k. I countered with an offer of $45k, but that would be my max. That brings it to just over $300 a month given my taxes, local incentives, zero DAS and no MSDs to allow an easy transfer later if desired. I put the calculator below if anyone is interested. I thought this one would be a slam dunk with the miles, accident and the fact that it has been on the lot for a year and a half. The month isnā€™t over yet, so we will see.

Iā€™m not surprised. Dealers/managers who are still holding onto 2018ā€™s at this point likely undervalue the cost of keeping inventory and are unwilling to take a ā€˜lossā€™, hoping to eventually find the sucker.

5 Likes

so the total lease cost with taxes for NY for example are about 7500 for 2 year lease for this (based on leasehackr calculator url) 340i, it seems like a no brainer. Is there something obvious that I do not see ? (Iā€™m aware car is a year old, last day of program support and carfax report)

1 Like

It is a no brainer. Heā€™s trying to get them to dump it for less. More than likely, that wonā€™t happen. Theyā€™ll either roll the dice with purchase incentives next month (assuming theyā€™ll still be available), hope someone comes in today or tomorrow and they can dump on them, or wholesale it and write it down.

1 Like