Pending: 2020 M340ix $624/month

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 M340ix (Dealer order)
MSRP: $64695
Monthly Payment: $624
Drive-Off Amount: $0 Down, $925 Acquisition fee, $299 Doc Fee
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 15,000
MF: .00118 , No MSD
Residual: 57%
Incentives: $4000
Region: NY
Leasehackr Score: 8.7
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Selling price within 11% of MSRP is pretty on par with alot of the brokers you see on here. Not bad considering high mileage and no MSDs.

Are taxes paid upfront? I ask because I see the region is NY but the calculator shows taxes levied on the lease payments.

Are you in NY or out of state with the dealer in NY?

Calculator definitely doesn’t add up for in NY

1 Like

I live in NY but dealer is out of state (MD)
Thats the quote I have, it might not adjust it for tax pay up front.

Looks like the quote isn’t include tax at all (well, they have $355 in tax on there).

Are you planning on paying NY tax separately?

I would assume I would pay tax up front but hey if I could pay tax monthly, why not :smiley:

well, your drive off amount isn’t correct here if you’re also paying tax up front.

1 Like

You can’t do that. First of all, the lease may not fund if the tax is wrong. Second, the tax must be paid with the registration, so if the tax isn’t paid in full by the dealership or by you through the dealership, NY will come after you. I also never recommend paying the tax up-front, because NY doesn’t care if you’ve only had the car for a week. If the car is totaled or stolen, you’re out that money. There’s a lot of case law on this, so there’s no way around it.

Your tax is more like $2,800, which will be closer to $90 per month on the payment.

1 Like

Also, what are the $600 in non-tax fees? New registrations are about $260 and plate transfers are less than $70, so that’s a huge jump from what it costs.

1 Like

The $600 is an estimate of all registration and other fees? (Not 100% sure)

If I were to pay tax upfront, my monthly would be closer to $571/month

$299 dealer fee + $300 for registration runner

Your calculator shows about $610 /mo with acquisition/reg das if no tax

1 Like

That’s why I said it was going to be a lot more. (sorry, annoying to switch names.)

With tax with monthly payment it’s $624
With tax paid upfront, so no tax on monthly payment, it’s $571

That’s not what your calculator is showing. If that’s what the dealership is telling you, there’s a confusion in the deal sheet they gave you.

If you match the DAS amount to your offer, it’s $600/mo with 0 tax. leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=15000&msd=0&msrp=64695&sales_price=57579&months=36&mf=.00118&dp=-1000&dealer_fee=299&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=4000&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=0&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

If you pull out the $399 taxes on their sheet, it puts them at about $610-615/mo

It really seems like their offer is missing NY taxes

1 Like

The non-tax fee is fee of everything upfront: (Rebate + Acquisition fee + Registration + Doc Fee)

How is that possible when acq fee alone is $925?

1 Like

Does the $4000 rebate get tax as well?

Yes, it should be. That’s likely the $355 tax that they’re showing on the lease sheet.