PENDING: 2020 Audi A6 - $679/mo (includes taxes + Audi Care) - 885 miles/month remaining 26 mo left

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: Audi A6 3.0T V6 55 + Premium Plus + Executive Package + Sport Package

MSRP: 71180
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $679
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $679

Current mileage: 7000
Maturity mileage: 30000
Effective miles per month: 885
Maturity date: 08/28/2023

MSD due (if any): none
Cash due (if any): none
Incentive for new lessee (if any):

Financial institution: Audi Financial Service
Transfer fee: $350
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no):

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details:

Car is spectacular and I love her in every possible way. She has a gorgeous dark blue and walnut/coffee brown car seats that are a really nice contrast.
I have Audi Care included. I also got the car with the help of Quentin who helps provide the best deal in the NJ/NY Metro area. As some of you may already know - I paid sales taxes all up front due to NJ.

I am only putting her up for a transfer or possibly a sale because I am leaving the country altogether.

Photos:

Love the color. Good luck with the transfer!

3 Likes

Audi holds you liable and doesn’t take you off the lease so I’m not sure how that would work if you’re leaving the US

Good to know. I wasn’t aware of this. But we aren’t traveling overseas - we are emigrating and I will tell that to Audi so they are better informed.

If you don’t mind the risk of damaging your credit in the US when the transferee decides to default on the payments. Good luck for you.

You have the option of selling this car to an Audi dealer and you should explore that.

3 Likes

Don’t bother, they couldn’t care less.

Go ahead with the transfer. Unless it’s some country that uses US credit bureaus and scores for job applications/credit/insurance then you’re perhaps the one person who doesn’t have to care about remaining jointly liable on an Audi lease.

1 Like

Question: while I stay as a secondary on the lease - it doesn’t mean that the primary is off the hook.

If the person on the lease stops making payment he/she will also be impaired in addition to myself correct?

If so —- then I am fine with the risk. If audi tells me that they don’t pull the person’s credit and they don’t touch the person’s credit only mine —- I can see why you guys are all concerned but if not — I’m fine.

It’s a risk that I am willing to take.

I’m also moving to a country that absolutely doesn’t care about my American credit worthiness — I’m also intending to not return for a minimum of 10 years when my youngest goes to college.

I think taking all that into account my situation allows me to take this risk.

3 Likes

Just want to say that’s a BEAUTIFUL color. Not in need of a full size sedan, but its a pretty good deal–hope you can find something soon.

Have you gotten quotes to sell to Vroom/shift etc. possibly there’s equity

1 Like

Both parties will be on the hook. If the other person defaults, their credit will also be affected.

Life happens so I wouldn’t put the cart before the horse in such situation. Explore other responsible options. One day you could be back in the US before 10 years and need the US credit system once again.

I badly wanted to get out of my Infiniti and ended up paying off the lease and parking for the car for a few months then risk someone else defaulting

1 Like

This is an excellent deal (especially in this market) on a 55 Plus A6.

You have the most nicest color combos too. (My favorite) with the Firmament Blue on Brown.

Really terrible with Audi/VW how they keep you liable. You can’t trust anyone with making on time payments really. I know people who are “well off” and make “late” payments all the time .

Good Luck with the transfer, it should go quick !

1 Like

Sent you a message in private

Correct…

I’ve cautioned people about transferring Audi leases before but I wouldn’t worry too much about it in your shoes.

I have had two clients looking to get a BMW have a negative mark from no payment reported on credit after Audi Transfer. If you planning on coming back for College you could have bad credit upon returning, depending on statute of limitations in your state. One client had too take the car back after seven months too stop the negative impact to credit score.

Even worse than that. Negative info reports on one’s credit for 7 years, regardless of the SOL.

Also, from my understanding, leaving the country generally tolls (pauses) the SOL, leaving open the possibility of losing a lawsuit over any remaining balance indefinitely if OP returns to the US.

Thank you all for your concerns. Extremely helpful for me. We have taken ALL of that into account and I was lucky to find someone who will be making ALL remaining 26 months payment upfront at time of lease transfer! This way it is no longer a concern of not making a payment. APPLICATION PENDING.

PS For other Audi owners trying to get out. I received overwhelming interest. I was not expecting to get such interest. I literally have 5-6 backups if this first applicant is not successful with Audi. Good luck!

2 Likes

As long as they turn the car back in at the end. At least it minimizes some of the risks though.

Now you’re good as long as they return the car in good condition/pay for damages and any excess mileage charges.

This definitely mitigates a bunch of risk though. :+1:

Guess I’m interested in why if your leaving for 10 years why you sign a lease here? Good that you found someone interested but as @trism your still liable even for damage.

Because life happens in 10 months. I had absolutely no plans on leaving or moving.

Covid and life happened resulting in a decision over a the last two weeks that we are leaving permanently. :slight_smile: this decision was not even on our radar as recent as 4 weeks ago.

YMMV - but for me best moments in life have always been unplanned. Good luck all!

1 Like