Payoff lease and sell it to Carvana?

My Audi A4 lease is due in 3 months. I tried to sell the car to Carvana a couple of months ago but Audi quoted them more than the payoff, resulting in negative equity. At that, I have decided to keep the car until lease-end. Carvana is still offering me more than 4K on the payoff quote. But Audi will over quote them so that I don’t make any profit. Now I am thinking to pay off the car and then sell it to Carvana.

What do you guys think? Did anyone paid off and sell it to Carvana?

Yea but just realize you’ll probably have to pay sales tax on the payoff amount as it’s unlikely it can all get done inside of the 10-day window for no sales tax. Not sure how badly that eats into your $4k.

2 Likes

See if @Samaudibh can buy you out of it

Read up on the 10-day exemption for tax in CA

LOTS of people have done this if you search

4 Likes

You’ll likely pay sales tax if you want to sell it Carvana as they don’t take lessor released title (AFAIK). You can sell your car to mycarauction.com, thecartrackers.com, or carstub (for southern CA) who take lessor released title. I recently sold my car to mycarauction and couldn’t be happier. Read this for more info: California 10 day tax exempt For lease buyout - #73 by jsteele.

1 Like

feel free to contact me at 424-281-5605

2 Likes

Thanks for posting these threads here. I should have checked the forums with the keywords. I think the 10-day limit is not going to work for me. I will see what I can do…

I completely forgot about the sales tax. I am pretty sure its gonna eat around 70% in that 4K and yeah looks like its unlikely to get it done in 10 day window.

Is Carvanas instant quote the final offer? my 2018 C class has 28k buyout Carvana offered 27k resulting in negative equity. I know I have 5 months left but if I had equity I would have sold so I can look into a different manufacturer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.