Sold one to CARVANA!

Does anyone know how to get an adjusted quote for right side door trim that needs to be replaced? I.e. I put ‘hail damage’ in the quote and it goes down $1000 but the damage is more like $250 or so. Is it worth selling it in ‘good’ condition and waiting for what they say, if anything?

they dont touch it for 7 days incase you want it back! but months later before listed? wow

I also had my Honda Pilot picked up. A very young female driver showed up in one of their flatbeds. I was very surprised as to how young she was and over some basic chitchat and pleasantries, I found out that they’ve been recruiting a lot of folks in the past 6 months or so with this specific purpose in mind with their basic training courses carried out in AZ where Carvana is based out of. Drivers give the car a quick look over, take photos and drive it down the block before they complete the paperwork and load it up on their flatbed. My SUV was truly in mint condition so I cant comment to any extra processes if the vehicle is rougher than described!

I was told that they take their acquired vehicle to a central hub (in my case in San Diego) and from there they will decide as to whether retail on their Site, throw back in the auction or what not! Don’t forget that Carvana is a publicly traded company (on Nasdaq?) and from what I understand, it is still operating with losses. As a seller and none-investor, who cares? If they are willing to pay, just go ahead and sell it to them specially if the delta between what they offer and what you can get if marketing on your own is not worth the trouble of!

Further, once they drop their vehicles off at their central hubs in your city or nearby cities, they put all paperwork in their special jackets which get FedEx’ed to their HQ in AZ on the next business day so the payoffs (if any) to reach your lenders can and may take up to a week.

Thus far, my transaction process with them has been easy and seamless. I will update the final verdict after my previous loan has been paid off in total.

2 Likes

WOW. That’s crazy pricing lol. Si’s hold their value extremely well, but they’ll have to drop that price significantly to sell it.

All right, so as a follow up to my last post made 4 days ago, my business with CARVANA has now been completed in an exemplary manner:

The Honda Pilot was picked up on Monday 8/26 and yesterday (Thursday 8/29) I received an email from CARVANA that the payoff was sent via FedEx overnight to my lien holder with tracking number and all that. Today I called in my credit union and was informed that the payoff was indeed received and that it was correct, although CARVANA had missed the 10 day payoff quote by 4 days for which they had included the per diem interest charge which was correct within 1 penny. The credit union did not ask me for that penny :wink:

In conclusion, my experience with CARVANA was you notch and there is nothing negative that I could whine about. I can totally understand that things can go wrong due to potential human errors along the line but in my case, I was treated very well from the start to finish.

1 Like

This is kinda strange.

I put my VIN for my 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T into Carvana, and the offer seemed really low. I noticed that when I selected options it had the 1.5L defaulted and I had to switch it to 2.0L. So I went back through the quote process but this time left it on 1.5L; the price was only $12 different than the first time :rofl: So Carvana does not seem to recognize that the Accord Sport 2.0T trim exists.

edit: Did the same in KBB website and KBB gave the same almost equivalent valuation, so it’s a KBB problem not recognizing the trim difference. Told Carvana chat lady and she regurgitated some general info on how they value cars.

Makes sense now why Carvana doesn’t have a single 2.0T Sport for sale but they have a bunch of 1.5T Sports.

Having the same issues with mine. Quote and drop-off was easy peasy. I turned over my Lexus to Carvana on 8/20. LFS still hasn’t received the check even though Carvana reps stated that it was sent out on 8/23. Meanwhile I’m being asked to pay another month and got dinged with a late charge as well for the last month.

I’m guessing I should just pay it and I’ll get reimbursed?

Ask Carvana to provide the tracking number of the check. They ship FedEx overnight.

My loan just got cleared today. About 2wks.

I sent a payment to make sure I didn’t get dinged but I’m guessing the bank will cut me a check for the overage and send back.

LFS should just send you back any overpayment, and that way you don’t have to worry about it.

Yes, banks will generally just send you a check back for overages to payoff.

Just sold my 2016 Silverado to Carvana. Seamless transaction that took 15 minutes.

I eventually got the title back from Vroom, meanwhile my carvana quote expired. When I asked for a fresh quote, they quoted below vroom =\

Got dejected and left it for a bit. Randomly tried quoting again two weeks later, and suddenly carvana s quote is $200 higher than their original quote. No idea what the carvana algo is smoking. But this time I wasted no time putting things together and they picked it up from my driveway!

Thanks Ian, your comment made me explore options and I’m slightly better off for it.

1 Like

A good buddy of mine just used Carvana to buy an Audi. He said he probably spent (not including travel to the burbs to pickup the car) an hour tops and has turned a few other friends onto the service.

We need buyers to recognize positive returns on our leases! Thank you good buddy for us.

Hi! Does Carvana check the tire tread? And do they have a minimum?

Thanks!!

I don’t think so. I just gave them my Lexus and the tires had over 33,000 miles on them. No issues at all

Thanks for dashing my hopes of exiting my lease a year early. :frowning:

On the flip side, tomorrow Carvana is picking up my (purchased) 2013 Tahoe 4WD for $3k more than Vroom offered and I don’t know how much more than any dealer would have offered.

Onward and upward to more leasing, which means more new vehicles and updated technology for hacked prices and less sobbing as depreciating assets depreciate!

Edit: The transaction went crazy smoothly. Sadly, they didn’t send a flatbed to pick mine up. They sent a driver instead. She was a lovely lady, we chatted about dogs, she walked me through the paperwork, and she was surprised I had 2 sets of keys. She didn’t even drive the vehicle before her ride left. She even gave me the check before she drove it. Super simple, 5-star, would do again.

1 Like

It’s been almost a year since I sold to Carvana, but they barely glossed over the car I sold so I highly doubt they would check tire tread.

One month from pickup at my door to market. Doesn’t look like the even did a full detail. Sold to them at 26,xxx. My burning question: who is buying this 18 for a price higher than you can get a brand new 19 after dealer discount?